Newbie iBrickr question

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Hi everyone! I just got my iPhone a few days ago and I'm loving it! I guess I'm kinda lucky, the phone I got still have the 1.0 firmware. I upgraded the firmware to 1.0.2 and I am itching to jailbreak it.

I am using AT&T data plan and do not intend to unlock the phone.

What I do want to do is to add customized ringtone, and maybe some applications.

In case the next update Apple decides to kill all hacked iPhones, but came out with a killer upgrade, can I still restore the phone using iTunes to 1.0 or 1.0.2 without Apple bricking the phone?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I'm really confused, because seems like most people jailbreak and unlock their phone.

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
Your in good shape with the old firmware. I would stick with the version you have for now as the new firmware really don't add much. You want the custom ringtones you can use ibrickr or iPhoneringtonemaker works with the old firmware. I believe the cost is 14.95. But it is a great program with the 1.0.1 Or you can use apptapp there is an application that lets you share tunes. :laugh2:

Fayewolf

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Your in good shape with the old firmware. I would stick with the version you have for now as the new firmware really don't add much. You want the custom ringtones you can use ibrickr or iPhoneringtonemaker works with the old firmware. I believe the cost is 14.95. But it is a great program with the 1.0.1 Or you can use apptapp there is an application that lets you share tunes. :laugh2:
So, by using ibrickr, i can add ringtones, if something goes wrong, i can always restore it back and pretend it's never been modded, right?