Newbie on unlocked 2.2 (2g)

manishk123

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Just updated my 2G to 2.2 and had it unlocked. I'm a bit confused with the new installer and cydia apps. Firstly there is no uninstall option. Once you install an app, how do remove it?

Secondly, I had some good apps on my 1.1.4 like Convertor and Services (which allowed bluetooth and wifi toggle). Is there anything similar available now.

Finally, how do i use the appstore for free apps. It keeps asking me for an iTunes account. But Apple doesn't give an iTunes account for India yet?

Just updated my 2G to 2.2 and had it unlocked. I'm a bit confused with the new installer and cydia apps. Firstly there is no uninstall option. Once you install an app, how do remove it?

Secondly, I had some good apps on my 1.1.4 like Convertor and Services (which allowed bluetooth and wifi toggle). Is there anything similar available now.

Finally, how do i use the appstore for free apps. It keeps asking me for an iTunes account. But Apple doesn't give an iTunes account for India yet?
Hi ya, congrats on getting it unlocked! I usually head over to cydia more than installer for my apps but depends on your personal preference really. The way to uninstall any apps you've downloaded from cydia is the following:

1. Go into cydia
  2. Tap manage
  3. Then tap Packages, which is the first option from the top
  4. From here you will see a list of all the apps you've downloaded from cydia sorted alphabetically
  5. Go into anyone of them
  6. Then you will be taken into the details of that app, at the top right you will see Modfiy, tap that
  7. Then you will see a menu which features Reinstall or Remove, use Remove to uninstall that app, that's it!
As for your second question, i'm not too sure, someone else might be better at answering that then me. As for the third, we had a reader from Singapore with the same situation. He eventually succeeded and bypassed that problem by getting a friend from the states or anywhere that allows iTunes account sign up to sign up for an account for him, then he was able to login. It might be worth a try? I'm not sure whether Apple have secured and fixed this by looking into login ips, so i can't say i'm certain this will work.

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
its easy to set up an iTunes account, although it will require a credit card, debit card, or if you have one of those visa gift cards, or iTunes gift card. you just enter all your information then it will ask for the card and type in what is neccesarry. then you will have an account and before downloading any apps (( even the free ones )) it will ask you to enter your account password

i personally used a visa gift card.. if i used debit or credit i wouldn't have any money left! and the gift card works just fine because i only download free apps. even though you enter the information about the credit card or whatever you chose, iTunes will absolutely never charge unless you install an app that is not free

tiffanyleigh0212

Bronze
Jan 10, 2009
ok i missed the question kinda, i just told you how to make an iTunes account. but as far as i know, theres noway around it, you have to have an account