Newbie Questions

stumpleg

Oct 29, 2007
Hey everyone, I am currently thinking about purchasing an iPhone, but want to get a few things clarified before a two year commitment.

-Are there roaming charges?
-If I return phone within 14 days, because of service problems, do I get the $400 back, or am I sol and still pay the $40?
-How many songs will the phone hold through iTunes?
-I was also looking at the coverage viewer through atnt and this is what I read "Charges will be based on the location of the site receiving and transmitting the call, not the location of the subscriber." Does this mean that my monthly bill may be more than my $60 plan?

Sorry for all the questions, but we are talking a pretty good chunk of change here that someone may loose out on. I'm sure that there will be other questions in the future. Thanks.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
I think you first need to tell us what plan you have chosen.

For my plan:

I have no roaming.
Nationwide calls are included.
I have 1400 minutes I share with my wife.
My data plan is for unlimited usage(within the U.S.).
I have 200 SMS messages included.

stumpleg

Oct 29, 2007
It would be the $60 plan. 450 minutes, ulimited data, 200 sms messages, 5000 night and weekend.

shawn

Bronze
Oct 11, 2007
Apple indicates about 240 songs per Gig. That's an average of ~4 Meg per song, which will vary.

The plan you chose should have no roaming within the U.S.

And you pay the 10% restocking if you unseal the phone packaging. AT&T stores go one step further. They put the phone in a sealed AT&T shopping bag, and they consider the phone to be opened if you "unseal" the bag. Now, all off this is of course up to the discretion of the seller. If you have a reason to return the phone because AT&T cannot comply with their side of the contract, such as null coverage in your area then the restocking fee would most likely be waived. Simple buyers remorse is almost never a reason to waive the fee, especially when they have demonstration models so readily available for customers to sample and test.

stumpleg

Oct 29, 2007
I understand the restocking fee, but will I get the $400 back that I paid for it? The only reason I would probably return it is because of coverage. I would probably be using it at least half the time in a parnter coverage area, which according to the salesman, atnt would pay for. If I start to cost them to much, he said they may terminate my contract.