Newbie Questions.....

ASTER123

Nov 20, 2008
1.) When you jailbreak the 3g...will cydia and installer both be there?

2.) Can i buy apps using a prepaid credit card?

3.) When you jailbreak then update firmware will your appstore apps, pics, videos, contacts and music be deleted?

4.) Are there apps that do these things:

Switch themes and wallpapers automatically..like a different themes every hour?
download vids Directly from youtube

5.) What is push mail? i mean does the iPhone automatically notify you if you get an email anyway?

6.) On beejive?...if i minimize the app how will i kno if i got a new im? how long can it be minimized until it shuts down?

7.) Is google maps free on the iPhone?

8.) How do i put themes on a iPhone...if i go to a iPhone themes site and download it directly to my iPhone..how do i set it?

9.) Which has better & more apps Cydia or installer...do ppl still you installer like that?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio

3.) When you jailbreak then update firmware will your appstore apps, pics, videos, contacts and music be deleted?

5.) What is push mail? i mean does the iPhone automatically notify you if you get an email anyway?

6.) On beejive?...if i minimize the app how will i kno if i got a new im? how long can it be minimized until it shuts down?

8.) How do i put themes on a iPhone...if i go to a iPhone themes site and download it directly to my iPhone..how do i set it?

9.) Which has better & more apps Cydia or installer...do ppl still you installer like that?
1. Yes
2. Yes, just register your card number with the iTunes store.
3. Just sync your iPhone before firmware update, then jailnbreak, then sync again, you should have everything except apps and vids that were from a previous jailbreak (i.e., vids from Cycorder, and apps like Cydia and other 3rd party apps)
4. Dunno about that one.
5. Push lets the iPhone check at certain intervals if you have mail.
6. Dunno
7. Yes
8. I use Cydia and Winterboard to install some themes, I use SSH to install others.
9. I don't use installer, just Cydia.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
1. Yes
2. Yes, just register your card number with the iTunes store.
3. Just sync your iPhone before firmware update, then jailnbreak, then sync again, you should have everything except apps and vids that were from a previous jailbreak (i.e., vids from Cycorder, and apps like Cydia and other 3rd party apps)
4. Dunno about that one.
5. Push lets the iPhone check at certain intervals if you have mail.
6. Dunno
7. Yes
8. I use Cydia and Winterboard to install some themes, I use SSH to install others.
9. I don't use installer, just Cydia.
You beat me to it lol

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.

1) Yes,

2) Apple iTunes Gift Card,

3) You can redownload them for free, but the unofficial things you downloaded from Cydia or Installer.app will be deleted,

4) You can find an application to automatically switch themes & backgrounds but I'm not sure about downloading videos from YouTube,

5) As Hondamaker said, but also notice that it will absorb a lot of battery power,

6) I doubt you can minimize any application on iPhone :),

7) Yes,

8) You need to download Winterboard and then download themes from Cydia and Installer.app that ARE MADE for Winterboard,

9) In Installer.app, it all depends on the sources you have. Sources = Websites that give you application links to download, but Cydia is like App Store, already has applications and other things that you can directly download if you have an iTunes Store Account.

I hope that answers your questions and I'm sorry Hondamaker for repeating some of your answers.