Newbie that is lost. Someone HELP!

Dec 18, 2008
Ok, i'm so lost! i had just recently purchased my iPhone for about a week now! i saw a lot of themes online and found out about jailbreaking! i have a iPhone 3g software version 2.2! i've been reading online for hours and hours about jailbreaking it.... but only to have read more bads than good! if i do jailbreak it, what is there to lose? people are having problems with connections and services? will that happen to me also? i know, stupid questions but please help me...

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I wont j/b my phone because so many people have reported having problems after they've joined the dark side but from what I understand if your phone does malfunction after it's been j/b it can be reversed without to much effort.

If you do encounter problems there's plenty of experts here that would be more than happy to help you get your phone back up and running all you have to do is ask :)

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm like "Tug" - I won't JB my iPhone 3G 2.2 because of these bad reviews. But if any problems show it's face, you can then make an roll-back and restore the original firmware!

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
the only bad thing about jailbreaking is the phone runs a tad slower when opening up different applications. Still with that being a negative point it's a hell of a lot better than a stock iPhone. Being able to customize my iPhone the way i want and not steve jobs make it twice as good.

Theme: Blackberry impressions with 5 dock icons & Make it Mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
the only bad thing about jailbreaking is the phone runs a tad slower when opening up different applications. Still with that being a negative point it's a hell of a lot better than a stock iPhone. Being able to customize my iPhone the way i want and not steve jobs make it twice as good.

Theme: Blackberry impressions with 5 dock icons & Make it Mine.
That's the most cool thing about JB - the nasty themes/icons/backgrounds...maybe I go for the JB some day!

Last edited by a moderator:

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
That's the most cool thing about JB - the nasty themes/icons/backgrounds...maybe I go for the JB some day!
picazzo, i was not all that sure about jbing until one day my co-worker had a 3G jbroken. He showed me all the great stuff and told me quickpwn is so easy a caveman could do it. I figured that i was smarter than a caveman so i jailbroke mine and my wife's iPhone and got it right the first time. I don't ever see myself going back to the stock features.......EVER!