newbie with questions, please

stevensondrive

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
I decided to jump onto the Apple bandwagon. so here I am with a new 3GS 16 gb black. I have some issues....

MMS. Is it true I can't receive and send pictures with this little computer/phone? I am not into hacking my phone so I'll need an approved application to get it done.

ringtones. I was SHOCKED when the guy told me he couldn't transfer my ringtones from my old phone. is there a way around it?

I have learned a lot by reading all the great posts on here and sure appreciate your tips. :laugh2:

Steve

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
MMS - the iPhone 3GS itself is perfectly capable of MMS, and users in many countries on many carriers already have it available. AT&T is the holdup on it if you are in the US. They are due to make the feature available sometime this summer.

Ringtones - you haven't said what your other phone is - but there are lots of ways to get ringtones onto the iPhone. Through adding them to iTunes, via several web sites, and so on ...

stevensondrive

Bronze
Jun 11, 2009
MMS - the iPhone 3GS itself is perfectly capable of MMS, and users in many countries on many carriers already have it available. AT&T is the holdup on it if you are in the US. They are due to make the feature available sometime this summer.

Ringtones - you haven't said what your other phone is - but there are lots of ways to get ringtones onto the iPhone. Through adding them to iTunes, via several web sites, and so on ...
ATT huh?

I have a Motorola Q ((err had ok still got but turned off)) . It has blue tooth.

Woody1776

Bronze
Feb 26, 2008
DFW
If you do a search for ringtones on the site there are several tutorials on how to make custom ringtones. There are also programs that make the ringtones. The info is out there.

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
ATT huh?

I have a Motorola Q ((err had ok still got but turned off)) . It has blue tooth.
Moto Q and Bluetooth = marvelous - and also nothing to do with MMS on iPhone on AT&T.

Check out the WWDC 2009 keynote event video or any of hundreds of web posts that have covered this news since June 8th. It is a very well-known issue that AT&T is lagging behind other carriers on this.

MeCool

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
I thought when I synched my iPhone 3Gs to my iTunes that my contacts would transfer over as well, i thought that happened before..i don't have any phone numbers on my iPhone 3gs anyone thanks