newbiee here

deathw

Jan 18, 2008
just throwing it out there so if there are certain people that don't want to help m ethats fine,

i have a iPhone 1.1.2 out of the box and I was wondering where I can find some tutorials on jailbreaking my phone. I want to do this the right way and not the wrong way. If any help/insight please give thank you everybody in the community

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
question now going down to firmware 1.1.1 will I lose all my contacts? and also does having version 7.6.0.29 iTunes matter in anyway at all toward jailbreaking? i just want to jailbreak the phone I have att service so I don't need to anysim

No you don't want to use anysim. But you need to be careful when you update back to 1.1.2. You need to download the 1.1.2 firmware to your computer and when your ready to update back to 1.1.2 (not restore) you will press shift on windows pc or options of mac PC and press update and you'll get a pop up where you can select the file to update to and select the 1.1.2 and that will take you back to 1.1.2 where you'll need to run windows.bat to jailbreak and bypass activation. And make sure you installed OKtoPrep when you was down on 1.1.1

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
and about your contacts. you shouldve synced your phone before you started this process. what ever you iTunes has stored from you syncing prior to this is what you'll have saved and you can put that back onto your iPhone.

deathw

Jan 18, 2008
No you don't want to use anysim. But you need to be careful when you update back to 1.1.2. You need to download the 1.1.2 firmware to your computer and when your ready to update back to 1.1.2 (not restore) you will press shift on windows pc or options of mac PC and press update and you'll get a pop up where you can select the file to update to and select the 1.1.2 and that will take you back to 1.1.2 where you'll need to run windows.bat to jailbreak and bypass activation. And make sure you installed OKtoPrep when you was down on 1.1.1

im just confused at which point will my ATT service be realized and used... I just don't want to try and jailbreak and than stuck with a phone without service unless its already stored into the phone and when I bypass it will be ready to go still?

deathw

Jan 18, 2008
got a concern if somebody can help please

my serial num goes

87748XNR***

i'm guessing that the 48 in there is week 48 of production.. now the method giving will work or no?

im nervous as hell to jailbreak my phone thinkin i wont be able to get my att service working right to making it into a brick! if somebody got aim i just have a few questions that seem to take forever on a forum, my aim addy is

sacred mushrooms

thanks a million everybody

Chris.Carter770

Bronze
Dec 25, 2007
got a concern if somebody can help please

my serial num goes

87748XNR***

i'm guessing that the 48 in there is week 48 of production.. now the method giving will work or no?

im nervous as hell to jailbreak my phone thinkin i wont be able to get my att service working right to making it into a brick! if somebody got aim i just have a few questions that seem to take forever on a forum, my aim addy is

sacred mushrooms

thanks a million everybody
If you follow the instructions in Chris's thread on how to Jailbreak a OTB 1.1.2 then you should not have any problems