newby here

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
I just wanted introduce myself and say what a great site this is. I just purchased my iPhone 3g on 8/1/08 and love it. I had a Verizon LG Voyager and I liked the phone and consider Verizon to have excellent customer service I have to admit this iPhone is without a doubt one of the coolest toys I have. Hopefully I wont have to contact AT&T's customer support as I have heard it's not the best around.

I do have a couple of questions,

1) is there any way to turn off the smart text for text messaging?

2) is it possible to change the font in note pad?

Im sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but this is it for now.

Thanks

Tug

Amahk

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
if you'd like to turn off the SMS notification you can go to Settings>General>Passcode Lock and then change the SMS setting in there.

I've heard others say it works for then but I've had no luck with it. With or without passcode lock on. Try it out and see how it works though.

Edit: wow I totally misread that. I feel stupid however hopefully my info could answer a future question you could possibly have :p

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
1. Unfortunately, no. The only control you have the ability to enter custom words into the dictionary. You can do this by opting out of the auto-corrected version of a word 5 times, I think. Then it won't try to correct it anymore.

2. Not in the stock notepad, but I believe there is a notepad alternative in the Appstore. I'm sure someone can chime in with the name as I'm not currently on 2.0 yet.

And welcome to the forum!

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
if you'd like to turn off the SMS notification you can go to Settings>General>Passcode Lock and then change the SMS setting in there.

I've heard others say it works for then but I've had no luck with it. With or without passcode lock on. Try it out and see how it works though.

Edit: wow I totally misread that. I feel stupid however hopefully my info could answer a future question you could possibly have :p
Not a problem Amahk, I appreciate the quick response :laugh2:

1. Unfortunately, no. The only control you have the ability to enter custom words into the dictionary. You can do this by opting out of the auto-corrected version of a word 5 times, I think. Then it won't try to correct it anymore.

2. Not in the stock notepad, but I believe there is a notepad alternative in the Appstore. I'm sure someone can chime in with the name as I'm not currently on 2.0 yet.

And welcome to the forum!
Thanks psylichon, I haven't downloaded anything on to my phone as of yet. I guess I'm a little intimidated by it but thanks for the info :laugh2:

Tug

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu
I just wanted introduce myself and say what a great site this is. I just purchased my iPhone 3g on 8/1/08 and love it. I had a Verizon LG Voyager and I liked the phone and consider Verizon to have excellent customer service I have to admit this iPhone is without a doubt one of the coolest toys I have. Hopefully I wont have to contact AT&T's customer support as I have heard it's not the best around.

I do have a couple of questions,

1) is there any way to turn off the smart text for text messaging?

2) is it possible to change the font in note pad?

Im sure I'll have more questions as time goes on but this is it for now.

Thanks

Tug

welcome tug, i 2 had to sacrificed great customer service (t-mobile) along with great price plans for the best phone in the world (imo) for crappy customer service with GAYT&T.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
GAYT&T.... lmao