Newest glitch... vibrating AFTER answering call

Zachary Vex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Minneapolis
I was just saying goodbye to my girlfriend when a doctor's office call came in, and I got the option to "disconnect and take call" (I think) and when I selected it, the new call appeared and the phone began vibrating as if it was ringing and continued vibrating as I tried to talk (the vibration really affected the audio too) for about 20 rings, until I finally asked them to call back because my phone was out-of-control.

There are definitely some strange glitches in the phone part of the iPhone.

xoulo

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I was just saying goodbye to my girlfriend when a doctor's office call came in, and I got the option to "disconnect and take call" (I think) and when I selected it, the new call appeared and the phone began vibrating as if it was ringing and continued vibrating as I tried to talk (the vibration really affected the audio too) for about 20 rings, until I finally asked them to call back because my phone was out-of-control.

There are definitely some strange glitches in the phone part of the iPhone.
same thing happen to me.
i was using the iPhone as an ipod , listening to music and a friend of mine called.
and i couldnt slide and answer, as if it was frozen. and it keep on vibrating and ringing for like a minute, and then stoped
thats weird
and this morning when i click the lock button to turn on my iPhone, it went to menu and then the whole screen turned black, and then off. and then i turn it back on and it works fine again..
wtf.
did this happen to any of you.. these glitches just started to happen to mine :oops:

Joon

Bronze
Jul 14, 2007
This morning that happened to me where I was on a call and then I received another call and the vibrating started. What I think it was is the person I was hanging up with hung up just before I switched over and then it started to vibrate. I actually had to hard reset my phone cause any time I tried to make a phone call then the phone would start vibrating. No big deal, but definitely a small bug.

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I might be wrong about this... but it happened to me kinda also...

I think if you answer a call while on a call the first call goes on hold. If you disconnect the second call without returning to the first it vibrates to alert you to the call being held.

I can't be sure about that though but it seemed that way when it happened to me. I put the phone in my case and it continued to vibrate. When I looked at it there was a call being held, even though the other party was no longer there.

The display changed a bit also and looked funny/different (small text up top) giving status. At first I was sure that it was a bug.

Now I'm not so sure. Maybe if it is a bug it's not releasing the hold status when the party disconnects? Dunno.

I'm not sure the manual fully explains what is supposed to happen when a call is being held or during switching. I'll have to go over that again.

Edit: I looked at the user manual and it doesn't say what happens when you leave a call on hold after switching. I think that may be it. A normal phone would ring if you hang it up, forgetting a call on hold. I think the iPhone vibrates. There could still be a bug (the network not notifying the phone the other held party disconnected?) but I think at least part of it is designed behavior, a notification that someone may be on hold.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
This has happened to me, multiple times, with several other phones over the years. This is nothing specific to the iPhone.