Newly joined iPhone family... suggest apps please!

Jul 9, 2009
hello everybody i just got an iPhone 3gs and i want some cool apps ... free or trial would be nice too since i get sick of some things fast.

intrests : space , technology , antropology .

any help would be great! :cool:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Welcome to EiC :)

Jaadu VNC, Shaazam, iStat, Planets, Motion X-GPS, Air Sharing, Deliveries, Starmap, Remote, Speedtest, Photobucket, Google Earth, Pandora, and Showtimes.

Jul 9, 2009
thank you Europa!

chibi looks like a nice game but some screen shot of actual game pplay would always be better! ^_^

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
Keeper, Ebay, DirectTV, YellowPages, Urbanspoon are a couple other nice apps

macscac

Bronze
Jun 17, 2009
o sweet! a photobucket app!
lol thats nice.. ive been emailing screenshots to my email then uploading them on my desktop.
this will save a couple steps!

Hazy3Gs

Jul 4, 2009
Pa Suburbs
i also like the apps trapster and have 2 eat. i also use the off leash dog park finder.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
You must give Pandora a chance if you like music. Free

If you have a lot of passwords or sensitive items to store, try Lockbox. There is a free version.

If you are on Twitter, try Twitterrific. There is a free version.

Wild West Pinball, if you like pinball games try this. Its free.

Distant Suns, you said you like space, this will be a good toy for you. There is a free version to play with.

Urban Spoon, can't decide where to eat, give this a go. Its free.

Remote, If you listen to music on iTunes, this is a must. Free.

Yelp, restaurant reviews. Free

There are a lot of apps to choose from. Palm Pre fans say that half of them are fart apps. I think its more like 38.3% Fart apps. Finding new ones is part of the iPhone fun! Let us know if you find any other good ones!

flabyboy

Jun 25, 2008
Minnesota
facebook, MLB at Bat, google, byline (rss reader), yellow pages, weather channel, twittelator pro, ebay, shazam, wunderradio, Pandora, peggle, fieldrunners, need for speed, onetap movies, and TapNews

Jun 27, 2009
There are many cool applications available in many places. Select some that you like. Don't try to buy applications from fake sites. That will just be waste of money but nothing else.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
There are many cool applications available in many places. Select some that you like. Don't try to buy applications from fake sites. That will just be waste of money but nothing else.
i know that. Apple not gonna let anybody steal a penny from them.... of course wherever possible.

ipwn3gs

Bronze
Jul 12, 2009
wow
all these free astronomy apps could help if you have cheap telescope for finding stuff. gonna buy one definitely soon! Thanks

Deltaharv

Jul 18, 2009
Hey I must admit I hadn't thought of looking for an app on astronomy and that's weird because I have a star map on the ceiling of my room.
So did a bit of research, there are many serious and fun and some also have reviews (I'm no expert but this link should drive you to a search results page) http://www.iwikiPhone.com/search/node/star?page=2
If it doesn't you should look for StarWalk, nice app!

duvi

Bronze
Jul 19, 2009
In the future
www.twitter.com
Welcome to EiC.

I have a lot, but my favs are:
BeeJiveIM ($9.99)
Shazam
TipStar (thinking of paying for one)
Chase
Facebook
Twittelator Pro & SimplyTweet (lite version are free, but I have the paid; $4.99 for both. ST has push)
Photobucket
Animoto
Tumblr

The ones w/o prices are free.