Newly Purchased App Not Synching

Dec 30, 2007
I purchased an application from the App Store this morning and I receive the following message whenever I try to sync it to my iPhone: "The application "xxxx" was not installed on the iPhone "xxxxxx'x iPhone"because it could not be verified. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? My iPhone is not jailbroken and I just installed an application yesterday without any problems. Thanks in advance.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
A quick search on google suggests that it thinks the app is not 'legal' for that iPhone.

Try downloading it directly to the phone, rather than through iTunes.

Dec 30, 2007
A quick search on google suggests that it thinks the app is not 'legal' for that iPhone.

Try downloading it directly to the phone, rather than through iTunes.
How does one do that?

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Go the the appstore icon on you iPhone, tap it, and the search for the app by name.

It will probably say you've already purchased it and you can download it again for free, or words to that effect.

Dec 30, 2007
I followed your instructions, but I get the following message:

"Unable to Download Application

xxxx will be available for download when you log in to the iTunes Store on your computer."

I then login to iTunes and try to sync, but I get the same problem as before.

Rip

Silver
Oct 23, 2007
Northern England
Have you used different accounts at some time when synching your iPhone?

It sounds like your iPhone is associated with one account and your iTunes with another.

Dec 30, 2007
No, I've always used the same account for both, but it probably wouldn't hurt to check. Is there some way of doing this?