News about iPhone KEYPAD/KEYGLASS

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Ive been keeping up with this site. Saw news about the keypad. Or Keyglass I should say. http://www.iPhonenewsblog.com take a look if you have not seen this yet.
I text with my thumb ... any ideas on if the touch screen will work with my thumb other than my finger . I will have to get used to my finger .

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I text with my thumb ... any ideas on if the touch screen will work with my thumb other than my finger . I will have to get used to my finger .
Only thing i found out recently was that you can definitely text in landscape mode. Until a week ago I had trouble even finding that out.(the internet being my main source of info)

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Only thing i found out recently was that you can definitely text in landscape mode. Until a week ago I had trouble even finding that out.(the internet being my main source of info)
ok landscape mode does'nt help texting much . maybe it will . i text fast with one hand phone and thumb. rule. haha . :laugh2:

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
ok landscape mode does'nt help texting much . maybe it will . i text fast with one hand phone and thumb. rule. haha . :laugh2:
Right now I have my 8525 so for me landscape texting is great...Before 8525 I was Treo and I enjoyed that keyboard too. The 8525 has tactile keypad but also a keypad on the screen so it makes for good practice till the 29th.

iphonenut

Bronze
May 17, 2007
maybe it's because i've never really used a physical smartphone keyboard, but i think the Apple keyboard is going to be awesome with no problems whatsoever.

i'm definitely looking forward to typing on it.

...and landscape mode would make typing a whole lot easier.

ckontyko

Bronze
Mar 14, 2007
Nope, multitouch only works with right hand index finger or left hand pinky finger. Sorry!

-CJ

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
Nope, multitouch only works with right hand index finger or left hand pinky finger. Sorry!

-CJ
please tell me your joking . what if i want to use a different finger for multitouch . the thumb wont work? how dumb is that .

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
What kinda dumb stuff is this?
Its a fact! but I heard a rumor that you can also register your other pinky finger if you are willing to remove the index finger from the touch profile.

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
Its a fact! but I heard a rumor that you can also register your other pinky finger if you are willing to remove the index finger from the touch profile.
WTF kinda sillyness is this? Can anyone else comment on this?

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
It was a joke... plain and simple.
Thank you for clearing that up. I thought is sounded a little more than ridiculous. Dude, they're keepin' us so "in the dark", we don't know what to believe about what... :p

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
haha someone took that a lil seriously

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
haha someone took that a lil seriously

Sorry, I'm just sick and tired of being kept in the dark about something like this, when it's gonna cost an arm and a leg, and you know darn well the reps are gonna be rushed as a mo-fo when you go in to buy the damn thing....you won't have time to check it out, at all...

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Having started this thread I will say that was hilarious about the finger/pinky etc...What would you rather lose a thumb? Or your iPhone?

dmksaved

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
man , my thumb is dying to text on an iPhone . the pinky can 2 .

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
I think you can get a work around to use your left big toe. but you have to write a hack in order to do it.

p.s. just successfuly opened a 5g ipod tonight to swap out the hard drive. I'm so pumped!