News: App Store Follies: Phil Schiller Responds

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
On Tuesday, we reported on how Apple repeatedly rejected Ninjawords, forcing the developer to submit their dictionary app with a 17+ rating. This of course sent shockwaves through the blogosphere regarding Apple’s decision to effectively censor a dictionary. Apple’s VP of Worldwide Marketing contacted Daring Fireball’s Jon Gruber to offer insight and clarification regarding Apple’s decisions.

Schiller writes, “…the Ninjawords application was not rejected in the App Store review process for including common “swear” words.” He continued, “The issue that the App Store reviewers did find with the Ninjawords application is that it provided access to other more vulgar terms than those found in traditional and common dictionaries, words that many reasonable people might find upsetting or objectionable.

Read full story > App Store Folies: Phil Schiller Responds

Full context of letter > Daring Fireball

Last edited:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Firstly, whoever has an iPhone, has access to the internet, thereforee allowing them to access material which may be frowned upon by accident or on purpose. So that counters what Apple has said '....access to other more vulgar terms'

Secondly, there making silly choices, which the whole world is picking up on. Look at the google voice issues... FFS Apple, sort it out.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Copy and paste always does me in .... more than once.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Copy and Paste is everyone's saviour. And so is 'undo' ;)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
And I would love to be just a writer, but then who would take over my position as Grand Puba?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
It can't be that hard to do. You get some cheeky info. You post it. Job done.

Copy + Pasted obviously :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Puba? PUBA? sheesh. Poobah. Who wrote this ^^^? You're not thinking of hiring this guy to write for EIC, are you?
I blame Google. Now I'm just like Apple. Bad Google, bad.

Last edited: