News app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yes I just wish there was a google news app. I tried that one a while back and it's laggy.....horrible. For right now I just added google news and it's website on my home screen.
I would just bookmark the website. But many like to create an icon on the home screen as you did. A lot of people are dependent on apps for forums and websites, but we can always just use mobile Safari. Most sites have good mobile templates.

silvermoon

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 17, 2013
Washington
I tried out Google News and used it for awhile because it was the only app that would give local news. After checking out others, I downloaded Rueters as suggested on the top apps by CNET. It is nice looking and works well. I can't see the local news though. It would be great if more apps would support local news. I may check out Pulse again.

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I tried out Google News and used it for awhile because it was the only app that would give local news. After checking out others, I downloaded Rueters as suggested on the top apps by CNET. It is nice looking and works well. I can't see the local news though. It would be great if more apps would support local news. I may check out Pulse again.
I use Pulse. But for local news, I use one of the local stations news app. I also have the local paper's site bookmarked.