Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
AT&T CEO: iPhone Exclusive Will Not Last Forever

Last edited:

mori

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
yeah lets go to verizon where the services u getting from ATT will cost u double...lol

internet humm maybe 49.99
texting humm maybe 40.00

yeah thats exactly what i wanted to pay more for the same .

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
This would be awesome. AT&T coverage sucks in my area and I get more dropped called then I care to think about. Sometimes it takes 5-6 calls to continue the conversation and by the time I get through, I forget where we were.

Please, please, please go to Verizon!

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
A T T needs the competition. We are being charged premium prices to enjoy the iPhone. Still chaps me a bit that a texting plan is not included in Data charges. Plus you can't drop the data plan as you can for other phones. I vote for Sprint too. Great coverage in my area. I would not be surprised if plans from other carriers would be more expensive as well. If I remember correctly I looked at getting a BlackBerry (can't remember which BB) from Sprint. The data plan could not be excluded on the BB and was more expensive than data for other phones. I opted to get the Treo.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
A T T needs the competition. We are being charged premium prices to enjoy the iPhone. Still chaps me a bit that a texting plan is not included in Data charges. Plus you can't drop the data plan as you can for other phones. I vote for Sprint too. Great coverage in my area. I would not be surprised if plans from other carriers would be more expensive as well. If I remember correctly I looked at getting a BlackBerry (can't remember which BB) from Sprint. The data plan could not be excluded on the BB and was more expensive than data for other phones. I opted to get the Treo.
The reason Sprint could not drop the data plan on your BlackBerry is the BlackBerry uses BlackBerry's sever. The charge is mandatory from RIM. Sprint does now include that charge with Everything plans and does not charge you any extra.

I agree with you on the extra texting charges when you are already paying for unlimited data. Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile charge you the extra texting fee. When did texting stop being data? I am very surprised some greedy law firm has not filed a class action suit about this. Mark:mad:

BTW: Everything with Sprint means Everything.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
what sucks about that is that we current iPhone owners can't just cancel our contract and switch - we'd have to buy a new CDMA iPhone... which may or may not have other new features. Unless we're talking so far into the future where Verizon has switched to GSM...

the best part is that ATT will finally have some competition, and may feel pressured to give us a break in the monthly fees... here's hoping.

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
what sucks about that is that we current iPhone owners can't just cancel our contract and switch - we'd have to buy a new CDMA iPhone... which may or may not have other new features. Unless we're talking so far into the future where Verizon has switched to GSM...

the best part is that ATT will finally have some competition, and may feel pressured to give us a break in the monthly fees... here's hoping.
Sprint has world phones. Why can they provide GSM in other countries only? Is it possible they could have a dual network stateside?

Mar 2, 2009
California
I can only imagine what the iPhone would look like if Verizon were to get a hold of it. They'd have their logo printed on it somewhere and possibly restrict even more services than Apple already does.

I'm happy with AT&T so far. I haven't had any problems on my end and my bill runs cheap in the $80 dollar range. Only thing I'd like to see is CHEAPER prices for their packages. So, I say go ahead and move to Verizon or other carriers so that AT&T has some competition. Get those damn package deals lower so everyone can enjoy them.

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
Verizon allows Skype and Slingplayer over 3G, which is more than ATT does.

Prices are the same, except ATT has rollover minutes.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

Hip, long time no see. :D
This would suck no matter what phone you were currently using if you were going to CDMA from GSM; it's not specific to just the iPhone.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Hip, long time no see. :D
This would suck no matter what phone you were currently using if you were going to CDMA from GSM; it's not specific to just the iPhone.
Right. My point was that it's not possible to just jump ship on AT&T.

Mar 2, 2009
California
Doesn't everyone in the world have an iPhone by now?
No, some people are still opposed to it and use Blackberry devices. I managed to get a friend to buy an iPhone after he said he hated it and wouldn't buy one. Now, he loves it. I can understand the misconception people have about the phone as I felt the same way, but you really can't mock something until you've tried it.