NEWS: AT&T Now Ready for iPhone Launch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
AT&T Now Ready for iPhone Launch
http://www.cio-today.com/news/AT-T-Now-Ready-for-iphone-Launch/story.xhtml?story_id=11200B0HH7SW

"We fully expect one or more of our stores to run out of stock on the first or second day -- my guess is the first day," says Larry Carter, senior vice president of sales for AT&T, the iPhone's exclusive U.S. distributor.

Yikes! That is a huge departure from what AT&T was saying just a few days ago! better not be my store that runs out! Aaaarrrggghhhh!

Crowd control on launch day is a concern. In some markets -- Carter declined to name them -- AT&T is working with local law enforcement on crowd-control plans.

Whoa, detail cops? Did they have any for the Xbox360 or PS3? They probably hsould have.

Carter would not say which stores will have the biggest iPhone stockpiles

Grrrrrrr.

If your local store sells out, Carter says, salespeople will take mail orders, and iPhones will be shipped in three to five days, inventory permitting.

There are other surprises in the works for June 29. In addition to launching the iPhone that day, Carter says AT&T also will announce new service plans for it.

- SR

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
The last paragraph of that article is the best.

Sounding a bit dejected, Burns says it was for the best: "Because there was such demand, we decided executives should forgo the opportunity to have a personal one until consumers have a shot at one first."

WooHoo!

- SR

iGeorge

Jun 7, 2007
I'm still debating how far I will go to actually get an iPhone, and how long I am willing to wait in line. I live in Central Cali and the forcast for next friday is Clear Skies and 90 Degrees sun, so I don't want to wait too long, I think it sounds reasonable to show up at 4:30 when then close and wait 90 minutes till they re-open, but I will pass by early in the day to see if lines have begun to form, if any.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I'm still debating how far I will go to actually get an iPhone, and how long I am willing to wait in line. I live in Central Cali and the forcast for next friday is Clear Skies and 90 Degrees sun, so I don't want to wait too long, I think it sounds reasonable to show up at 4:30 when then close and wait 90 minutes till they re-open, but I will pass by early in the day to see if lines have begun to form, if any.
Agreed...I am in sunny san diego. My plan is the same...Stake out AT T at 430p
That is of course after I pummel AT T early in the afternoon to please gimme gimme gimme one now!