NEWS: AT&T suddenly doesn't like Apple so much

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
He's saying it's a corporate blow from AT&T to Apple, and the only way this could NOT be one is if they planned to upgrade existing iPhones to 3G. Which I probably wouldn't bank on, but it's fun to think. :)

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
to the best of anyones knowledge, the iPhone currently does not have the hardware to support an "upgrade" to 3G, so hoping for a free upgrade is like sh!ting in one hand and wishing in the other. Tell me which one fills up first. The best that current owners can hope for is Apple offering to have users turn in their existing iPhone for a discount on the next generation, which is not very likely. That would give them a huge surplus of used and obsolete parts- especially when people on this forum have stated that they work for a company making chips for the next iPhone.
the reality is that 1) you will have to buy the next version if you want it. Apple wants their money, and know we'll give it. 2) until Apple announces it, any news about the next version- no matter the source, is speculation and means nothing

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I'm quite aware of what he "meant." it's a sense of humour here that is in question... ...and it ain't mine...
Perhaps you aren't aware how it feels to click on a thread that has a news article, and before you even have a chance to click your eye only catches the giant, red, bold text that reads:

FREE 3G UPGRADE!

I believe that's 'nuff said.