NEWS: Belkin Cases Causing Scratches

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Belkin Cases Causing Scratches

It appears that some debris (?) is getting trapped between the Belkin acrylic case and my iPhone, and is leaving marks on the aluminum and plastic back cover, as well as the stainless steel screen bezel.

I carry mine around in my pocket without a case and with my keys! Still No Scatches. One more reason not to get a case.

- SR

Last edited by a moderator:

DMcGrew

Bronze
May 30, 2007
Balkin Cases Causing Scratches

It appears that some debris (?) is getting trapped between the Belkin acrylic case and my iPhone, and is leaving marks on the aluminum and plastic back cover, as well as the stainless steel screen bezel.

I carry mine around in my pocket without a case and with my keys! Still No Scatches. One more reason not to get a case.

- SR

LMAO at the irony of a case causing scratches.. haha

Last edited by a moderator:

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Well shyt I had the iSee clear case i bought from Apple store but then wanted to get the Incase Leather and nylon Folio and the iPhone and hard case wouldn't fit so I took it off.. I wonder if its the same thing between iSee clear case and the Belkin..

Fred87nc

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Well shyt I had the iSee clear case i bought from Apple store but then wanted to get the Incase Leather and nylon Folio and the iPhone and hard case wouldn't fit so I took it off.. I wonder if its the same thing between iSee clear case and the Belkin..
I put this into my review of the acrylic case from Belkin, the thing is that everytime you wipe the screen the dirt gets stuck on the sides, and will scratch your metal rim because the case is a loose fit and moves around and scratching you iPhone while at it.

I'm Carrying my iPhone nakey right now, I just want a carrying cloth case like the one the video ipod comes with.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
Yeah the only reason why I decided to take it off was because i started to see dirt plus the clip didn't see to strong and felt like I was going to lose it.. Also i was pretty impressed with that iPhone stress test lol but yeah the chrome and the back can still get scratched easy..

If you want a really nice case worth the money I say go with this I love it..

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=DD7348D9&nplm=TN558LL/A

Its leather, nylon and inside is suede .. Very sleek and nice design also its velcro that closes it so no need to worry about magnets how they say over the web has been screwing with the speaker..

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
cloth case? i've never seen that...but i think id like it more. yeah my belkin case scratched my iPhone too, so now i have it naked in my pocket with nothing else in there, and its fine!

CLOUDHOPPER

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
That sucks. I bought two cases (one belkin armband, one rubber incase) and have decided to return both. The iPhone is so nice looking, I decided that buying a case for it takes away from the aesthetics of the phone.

bo7e1se

Bronze
Jul 7, 2007
Coal City, IL
www.myspace.com
cloth case? i've never seen that...but i think id like it more. yeah my belkin case scratched my iPhone too, so now i have it naked in my pocket with nothing else in there, and its fine!
theres only one problem with this... dust. i've never had a case for any of my phones and with every phone ive had dust get under the screen and in the speaker. hopefully this doesn't happen with my iPhone. most likely i will get some sort of case because im so worried about getting dust and lint under the screen and in the speaker and mic holes on the bottom

ryanb

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
I got a rubber case from AT&T that holds the headphones on the back and keeps it clean and organized.. I feel it doesn't look as good as the iPhone by itself but it seems to keep the phone safe while keeping my headphones on me at all times :)

JeffBobula

Bronze
Apr 20, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
Ooh the headphones feature is nice, Ryan. I have to keep those in my other pocket. bo7, I know what you mean, but I was actually getting more dirt, lint, dust, whatever, caught in and on my iPhone when I had the clear case on it. I'll try it out naked for a week or so, then will probably have to go back to a case, but I love how it looks bare!

ja_vo

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Atlanta, GA
http://www.myitablet.com/iphone-case-look-before-you-buy-the-belkin-acrylic-case-091117.php

- SR
So what do we do?...............
do we cross our arms and do nothing or do we all try to have them change our iPhone. Because i don't think we should just sit and look at our scratched iPhone that cost us a good penny.

neks0ne

Jun 30, 2007
I'm Carrying my iPhone nakey right now, I just want a carrying cloth case like the one the video ipod comes with.
YES!, Im using a Zune cloth case right now. Any Acrylic or hardcase will ultimatley cause scratches. I made that mistake with my first ipod. The day i bought it, went into the case....the day i pulled it out...I was shocked on how scratched it was...

Zune Cloth case FTW!

Mustang05

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I bought the clear case and noticed some scratches on the alluminum... not to bad but enough to stop using it! Now that i don't use a case i havnt had any scratches.. who knew?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
http://www.myitablet.com/iphone-case-look-before-you-buy-the-belkin-acrylic-case-091117.php

- SR
I thought that was always Belkin in the past. ;)

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
The Case-Mate I have found offers great protection it's leather, comes with a screen protector that doesn't interfere with the touch screen function at all, however the belt clip is suspect as mine broke after 2 weeks of use, AT&T store replaced it with no hassle. I like the shock absorbing gel sleeves but haven't found one with a belt-clip yet.

http://www.case-mate.com/phones/Apple