News: FCC Calls On Apple, AT&T and Google

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Earlier this week, Apple rejected Google Voice and removed all apps related to Google Voice. The fallout continued when developers of apps like GV Mobile and VoiceCentral weren’t given specifics, other than the apps duplicate features of the iPhone. Looking for some sort of solution, the developers were simply getting stonewalled. Daring Fireball’s sources cited sources that confirmed AT&T was behind the removal. Neither Apple or AT&T have taken any blame, but clearly there is more to the story. How else would one explain the sudden removal of apps that were previously approved? The FCC is now involved and have sent letters to the parties involved.

Read more > FCC Calls On Apple, AT&T and Google

Last edited:

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
Wow we really need to get our snacks and take our seats this is going to be good. I bet Apple & AT&T won't just blow off the FCC like Apple did the developer. When this is all over we all might just be able to choose our device and the carrier of our choice. I love it! Finally our tax dollars working for us. Mark:eek:k:eek:k

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I'm stoked. Almost as if someone cares about the customer for once (past selling them the product). Theres no reason why GV official should be rejected and GV mobile to get plucked from the appstore.