NEWS: iPhone lineups already beginning?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
iPhone lineups already beginning?
http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/06/25/iPhone.lineups.begin/

Lineups for the iPhone are already beginning, says a photographer who has already spotted a queue. At least two unnamed men have already formed the start of a line at Apple's Fifth Avenue store in New York City, complete with stanchions (metal crowd barriers) that suggest official awareness of the visitors' places in the line. The advance line up is the earliest known so far for an Apple launch, beginning more than four full days before the official release of the handset on June 29th at 6PM.

They are going to wait in line for FOUR DAYS! Talk about crazy!

- SR

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
LOL those guys could just be a couple of tourists taking a break and sitting down....I will go down there tomorrow and see if they or anyone for that matter are there.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Dammit. I had changed my mind and wasn't going to go to the AT&T store until after I got out of work. Now this is starting to scare me.

josec99

Jun 8, 2007
Well yesterday (sunday) in nyc was the gay pride parade that goes down 5th avenue. Those are just the metal barricades that are put up all along the street. Those are just tourists.

Jeff

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
iPhone lineups already beginning?
http://www.electronista.com/articles/07/06/25/iPhone.lineups.begin/

Lineups for the iPhone are already beginning, says a photographer who has already spotted a queue. At least two unnamed men have already formed the start of a line at Apple's Fifth Avenue store in New York City, complete with stanchions (metal crowd barriers) that suggest official awareness of the visitors' places in the line. The advance line up is the earliest known so far for an Apple launch, beginning more than four full days before the official release of the handset on June 29th at 6PM.

They are going to wait in line for FOUR DAYS! Talk about crazy!

- SR

Yep! Here's more info...

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...2C9-BEEB-4DB1-9B1A-D38C20B89732}&siteid=yhoof

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
I think that store in NYC is a lightning rod for media attention because its the coolest in the US.

Watch these guys show up in TV interviews real soon. First in line for the iPhone!

mcnearcj

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
It doesn't look like they're in line to me. It isn't completely out of the question to carry around one of those camping chairs, you know the ones with the great cup(beer) holders. Especially in New York....

JOLLYWOG

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
It doesn't look like they're in line to me. It isn't completely out of the question to carry around one of those camping chairs, you know the ones with the great cup(beer) holders. Especially in New York....
If that's the case then why position yourself right at the starting point of a metal stanchion that's used for crowd control? Also, if you're just hanging out why do it in front of an Apple store of all places?

Jun 14, 2007
Sux for them, we're supposed to have thunder showers Wednesday & Thursday.... That store is 24-7-365 you would think they would let you wait inside.... Then again after four days, you will probably smell pretty bad....