NEWS: iPhone lineups already beginning?

thinkart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
Mid-MO
glad i don't live in a major city. i wont be "camping" more than 3 hrs. if it is necessary to stay in line longer than that....i think i'll order online.

JnC

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
Folks in the Southeast might want to bring a tent or an umbrella... Thunderstorms are in the forecast so far.

Attachments

ilLegalBeagle

Bronze
Jun 12, 2007
OK, I just have to comment on the guys lining up already... I mean, aside from my iFunk comment just above...

Can you imagine being next to the same person for 96 hours straight on a NYC street? I think conversation dies off after about two hours. By then, there is little else to say without forcing the encounter. So, what would you do? Catcalls? Chat with passers-by about their day? Impromptu performance art for spare change to support the caffeine required to sit upright and catnap for those 96 hours?

I can't imaging sitting next to Kyle for four days and trying to make the time pass. Here's what it would be like after about three or four hours:

7:00pm
Kyle - "So, how hard do you think you have to press the screen?"
Josh - "I don't think you have to press it at all. It showed electromagnetic fields in the demo online."
...crickets...
9:00pm
...crickets...
Kyle - "Did you already download and set up iTunes on your PC?"
Josh - "Yeah."
...crickets...
10:17pm
Josh - "Do you think the backlight is bright enough to see a dark movie at this time of night?"
Kyle - "Hmm... Good question."
...crickets...
12:42am
Josh - "Dude, you're drooling on my sleeve again."
Kyle - "Mrfgkmhmmbbpthppbbt."

By the end of Day Four, they'll be reduced to catatonic humanoids with nothing more than hand gestures and iFunk.

Long live the campers!

ilLegalBeagle

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
OK, I just have to comment on the guys lining up already... I mean, aside from my iFunk comment just above...

Can you imagine being next to the same person for 96 hours straight on a NYC street? I think conversation dies off after about two hours. By then, there is little else to say without forcing the encounter. So, what would you do? Catcalls? Chat with passers-by about their day? Impromptu performance art for spare change to support the caffeine required to sit upright and catnap for those 96 hours?

I can't imaging sitting next to Kyle for four days and trying to make the time pass. Here's what it would be like after about three or four hours:

7:00pm
Kyle - "So, how hard do you think you have to press the screen?"
Josh - "I don't think you have to press it at all. It showed electromagnetic fields in the demo online."
...crickets...
9:00pm
...crickets...
Kyle - "Did you already download and set up iTunes on your PC?"
Josh - "Yeah."
...crickets...
10:17pm
Josh - "Do you think the backlight is bright enough to see a dark movie at this time of night?"
Kyle - "Hmm... Good question."
...crickets...
12:42am
Josh - "Dude, you're drooling on my sleeve again."
Kyle - "Mrfgkmhmmbbpthppbbt."

By the end of Day Four, they'll be reduced to catatonic humanoids with nothing more than hand gestures and iFunk.

Long live the campers!

ilLegalBeagle

GOOD POST! LOL
I don't think those are really campers...there's just no way...that's insane...

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
Just got back from my local AT&T store and same old same old, but they did say that they will have security for the lines on Friday. I laughed and said that was good but we will start lining up on Thursday afternoon and they thought I was crazy. I don't care what they think I am getting in line early Thursday afternoon and waiting.

They also said they expect each of the 3 AT&T authorized stores here in Colorado Springs to get about 50 phones for the launch. We are a fairly large city so this makes me a little nervous that there will only be about 150 in the whole city, and who knows how many will be 8 gig models. I sure pray Thursday afternoon is early enough, I want to be first in line!

MomPOM

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NW Burbs of Chicago
I can't say it surprises me. It's in New York. There's going to be tons of people. And they are just the slightly insane "die-hards". Remember when the first Star Wars prequel came out and people camped out? Yeah, some shows sold out but if you bought them like the morning of for the later shows you'd get a ticket. It wasn't necessary at all but those people saw it as part of the experience.

AU girl

Jun 23, 2007
I think that store in NYC is a lightning rod for media attention because its the coolest in the US.

Watch these guys show up in TV interviews real soon. First in line for the iPhone!
I agree! These people just want to be "the first to get one" their pics will be in magazines etc. because they won't go to a random city to do news reports etc. for this. I mean what city do you first think of would be CRAZY- you guessed it-New York. These could be the same people that lined up forever before the Star Wars movies. Ha Ha

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Keep us updated on if this is actually for real...

Hey man Ill be in Delaware OHIO all summer july 6th through the end of august. I was gonna move out there but I will be living with my aunt here in Jersey instead.