NEWS: iPhone's $200 Million Jackpot

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
iPhone's $200 Million Jackpot
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/new...ml?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Apple's iDay will put a $200 million revenue ka-ching on the end of this quarter.

The temps are trained, crowd control measures are in place and the stage is all set for Friday's debut of the huge iPhone. If Apple can pull it all off, this most orchestrated of product introductions should manage to move nearly 400,000 phones out the door on the first day.

I was planning to sell my stock just prior to iDay but I think I will ride out the inevitable dips and hold on for a little while longer.

- SR

Marksman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2007
If you sold 200 phones at each location that would be over 100k in sales for each store that night. That would likely be record sales for every AT&T store in the country. Especially for a relatively limited time frame.

robhon

Silver
Mar 17, 2007
iPhone's $200 Million Jackpot
http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/new...ml?cm_ven=YAHOO&cm_cat=FREE&cm_ite=NA

Apple's iDay will put a $200 million revenue ka-ching on the end of this quarter.

The temps are trained, crowd control measures are in place and the stage is all set for Friday's debut of the huge iPhone. If Apple can pull it all off, this most orchestrated of product introductions should manage to move nearly 400,000 phones out the door on the first day.

I was planning to sell my stock just prior to iDay but I think I will ride out the inevitable dips and hold on for a little while longer.

- SR

Think about it. Considering the huge costs that Apple has incurred this quarter getting this thing to market, they HAD to get at least the initial launch weekend in on this quarter. Otherwise the books would not look so pretty. Now at least they will have that estimated $200M to offset probably much HIGHER costs. Next quarter will look very very nice.

Don't worry though. All these numbers are taken into account for the current stock price.