NEWS: Nintendo CEO thinks iPhone has Wii-like staying power

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

spacerog

Bronze
Jun 11, 2007
www.spacerogue.net
Nintendo CEO thinks iPhone has Wii-like staying power
http://blogs.businesss2.com/utilitybelt/2007/07/nintendo-ceo-th.html?source=yahoo_quote

Price point is always important for mass market commodities. Look at the iPhone. It’s expensive. But I think it is going to sell. It does something that people really want to do. People want to share it. It’s an emotional thing that goes beyond the price point. It has emotional power. You are connected to it. Price point is not necessarily what makes a mass market successful. If you look at the Wii, and all we could do was provide sequels to GameCube games, I don’t think it would have reached the mass market. - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata

Errk!

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
I have a Wii and an iPhone both...two of the coolest, most innovative, and fun purchases I've ever made.

ps49556n

Silver
Jun 21, 2007
NYC
I love Nintendo's previous products but I really really don't support Nintendo and their businesss model. I don't believe it is in their best interest and certainly not in the best interest of true video game players for Nintendo to offer a product designed to appeal to the NON-Gamer. The software library on the Wii is horrible and the games on the horizon that look appealing are due in 2008 and there are only 3-5 of these titles. The same goes for the DS....I have had one since it came out and have bought over 20 titles but I find myself playing each one on average for a few hours then I totally loose interest. The DS is a good product but is has many flaws such as the poor utilization of Wi-Fi and a lacking software influx just gets me going....I understand that they want to expand its exposure and market share but if they keep up they may loose sight of what true gamers really want. This is just my opinion though...;)

jacjac2

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Texas
Nintendo CEO thinks iPhone has Wii-like staying power
http://blogs.businesss2.com/utilitybelt/2007/07/nintendo-ceo-th.html?source=yahoo_quote

Price point is always important for mass market commodities. Look at the iPhone. It’s expensive. But I think it is going to sell. It does something that people really want to do. People want to share it. It’s an emotional thing that goes beyond the price point. It has emotional power. You are connected to it. Price point is not necessarily what makes a mass market successful. If you look at the Wii, and all we could do was provide sequels to GameCube games, I don’t think it would have reached the mass market. - Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata

I have read many of your post and I can help but laugh everytime I view your avatar. It's a hoot.