Next Apple TV update to allow full Bluetooth keyboard control.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
http://9to5mac.com/2012/12/08/Apples-upcoming-ios-update-to-unlock-full-bluetooth-keyboard-control-for-apple-tv/

As we first discovered in the iOS software code a year ago, Apple is finally ready to implement Bluetooth in its Apple TV products. The latest Apple TV beta not only has a new Bluetooth menu but you can pair wireless keyboards to both the second- and third-gen Apple TV.

Once connected, you can use a wireless keyboard to completely control the Apple TV without using the included remote. The arrow keys function for navigation, the Return key is the play/pause, and the Escape key maps to ‘menu’ or up ‘one level’ functionality.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
This is good news. My hubby hates the remote that came with the Apple TV. I told him about this and he can't wait for this update. I would like to use the bluetooth keyboard with my Apple TV as well.

Anxiously awaiting the next update.

Nrevezzo

Bronze
Apr 15, 2009
Canton, Mi
I noticed that with the latest upgrade to ATV and the Remote app upgrade that when searching YouTube you get presented with a keyboard for entering the search criteria. Big improvement over letter-by-letter picking.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I noticed that with the latest upgrade to ATV and the Remote app upgrade that when searching YouTube you get presented with a keyboard for entering the search criteria. Big improvement over letter-by-letter picking.
that has been a feature for a while.