Next iPad going to 128 Gig. Via CNN Apple

Discussion in 'iPad 4' started by becomingwater, Jan 29, 2013.

1. becomingwater

becomingwater Member
    Bronze

Glad I didn't get the 4 gen yet:)
    @CNNMoney: Apple announces new iPad with 128-gigabyte memory, twice as large as current device. http://t.co/ORI7j92S

Sent using iCafe app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

This sure is nice! I hope the upgraded storage trickles down to the next generation of iDevices...

Preferably without a big fat $100 price premium over the 64 GB models!

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Awesome 128GB. YAY! Since I can't wait any longer, I have to just go ahead and get this iPad. When the new completely redesigned iPad comes out in the fall, I'm in again on that one.

I hope this is an indication, that the next iPhone will also have the 128GB option. That would ROCK!

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Rafagon do you think if 128GB is available for the next iPhone that there will be a price increase instead of keeping the prices the same and dropping the 16GB? Then we can have 32GB 64GB and 128GB. Kinda like how they got rid of the 8GB iPhone. This might be a way to go.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

It would be incredibly and almost unforgivably greedy on Apple's part if they didn't. They've had the same price model for ages now.

I'm tempted to think they didn't reduce prices on the iPad 4 today to avoid pissing people off (people meaning recent buyers) more than for any other reason. We all remember what happened after the big price drop on the original iPhone.

7. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Okay but do you think that they would end up keeping the iPad prices the same once the new iPad 5 comes out with the new body?

I think that once the price is up there its gonna stay, but anything is possible. It would be nice if they evened this out and returned the iPad prices to the base we are used to when the new one comes out. We shall see.

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I think they really should drop them if they want to remain competitive. I just don't see savvy shoppers, especially those who are on a budget, dropping an extra hundred Benjamins for 128 GB. 64 GB is plenty unless you have a very mobile lifestyle and have a need to have your music, music videos, and movies in tow at all times.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

:unsure: I want and need 128GB. The iCloud and me with Music match aren't always friends. I always need more space. I embrace it. Now with the offer of 128GB. I'm glad I didn't leap and get teh iPad 4 when I had the chance. Now, I'll get it and use the heck out of it until the new redesign comes out. Then I'll sell this one and get the new redesigned iPad 5 with 128GB.

My poor iPhone 5 64GB had only 7GB left last week until I purged some pictures and over twenty videos and took out some TV shows and Apps then I got a whopping 3GB back to me. I had 10GB now I have 9GB left. I need more space. Can't seem to help it.

10. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I should have added above that I am not a savvy shopper. LOL! I suck at it. No, really I do my best not to pay retail for stuff like clothes, footwear and sunglasses. When it comes to Apple stuff, I try to get the latest in the items I like if it suits what I need no matter the price, within reason. :rolleyes:

They did mention that this iPad would be geared or better suited for the businesss clients. I'm not a businesss client, just a space junkie. :sneaky:

11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Um, In my last post I just typed the english word for zapatos and I got a message telling me that my post would not be posted because i used the word s h o e s. WTF?! I didn't know this was a bad word. Now I do. I had to substitute footwear instead.

12. runningbear30

runningbear30 Member
    Bronze

Guess it sounds great to anyone wishing to spend $900US for an iPad with 128gb. Better get in line early at your local Apple store, am sure there will be a mad rush for them.

13. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Agree, Apple can charge anything the want at this point and people will still buy!

Sent using iCafe app

15. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

Kind of curious...when did they ever not?

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Exactly.

Sent using iCafe app

17. runningbear30

runningbear30 Member
    Bronze

Well right now Apple is losing much of their stock price, so I am guessing they need some money to stay going. Seems they now are not the rulers of the phones any more and quickly they are losing to other tablet Mfg.s. Guess time will tell if they can regain their place at the top of the heap.

18. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

All very comical baseless statements ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1359592642.104831.jpg

Sent using iCafe app

19. runningbear30

runningbear30 Member
    Bronze

Well lets face the facts check Apples stock today against what it was last week. And it you don't like my statement that is to bad.

20. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Don't have to, stocks fluctuate, the rest of your statement is comical and baseless. Let me guess, you are just repeating what u heard from an Android user? LMAO, get your facts straight then we can talk. Peace!

Sent using iCafe app