Next iPad.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bennyboy, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I'm reading that the next iPad would be more of an upgrade like from the iPhone 4 to the 4S than an actual full upgrade with retina display, thinner etc.. I just got the iPad 2 for christmas and was considering returning it and buy the 3 when it comes out, but can't wait till late next year. What are your thoughts?

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

if it was gift then i think you should keep. it only seems like the right thing to do.

3. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah, that's another reason why I can't wait, if it was only couple months I would, but it wouldn't be fair to wait that long like sept. oct.
    Don't give me wrong, I love it the way it is, I'm just trying to get a better deal for the buck.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

As posted in another thread, there are some rumors that iPad3 may launch on 2/24, which is Job's Birthday.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Have you considered keeping it and selling it on eBay or Craigslist right after the Keynote?

6. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

Yeah. What's their resale value, I'm just not familiar with iPads, never owned one before.
    It's a 16 GiG iPad 2 wifi only.

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I bet you could get at least 3/4 of what it cost. It will still have several months of warranty, which will help.

8. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

That makes sense. I just wouldn't want to see the 3 come out in couple months all redesigned, better camera, retina display and I would have to lose couple hundred bucks on it if I wanted to get it. I'm just weird like that, I would've never bought the 4S if the 5 came out 2 months later, not without a contract at least.

9. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist
    Gold

I say keep it. I mean there is always gonna be a new one it seems. I love my iPad and use it a lot. I could see if it was Coming out soon to trade but even if it does you can sell it quick for almost full price on Craigslist. I don't see the 3 being a complete redesign.

10. Bennyboy

Bennyboy Genius
    Platinum

I think I'm going to. Thanks peeps