Next iPhone: Slightly Larger in size?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
You know, I've been thinking.

All the things that people want in the "next" iPhone, gps, more storage, replaceable battery, bigger battery with more life, etc. etc. etc.

You know all of the "Hardware" modifications that would be needed to make certain things possibe.

Why don't they just make room for it all by making the phone slightly larger, thicker or whatever? I mean, the phone is extremely sleek as it is but slightly thicker or wider wouldn't freak people out too much would it?

I know I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just a thought. And I have "0" knowledge when it comes to building these things or for that matter any other phone so...

;)

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I think being a bit thicker wouldn't be a problem for too many people. I have to agree that I wouldn't want it much wider or longer, but thicker is definitely an option that I could live with, especially if it introduced all those goodly features.

mrgisriel

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
I think with hardware improvments it wont be to bad, i really wouldn't want a thicker phone especially if its heavier.

Derek Gisriel

glen

Oct 1, 2007
Lets not be idle....

Face it, we can write all we want about feature updates on forums but unless we take action about wanting larger batteries and removable batteries it probably won't happen. Contact Apple at their product feed back and let them know like I did.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

-Glen

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Well larger capacity batteries are basically assured with every hardware update Apple does. I could care less about a removable battery. I really don't mind sending it in to Apple to have the battery replaced. And anyway, I most likely won't have the iPhone long enough for the battery to be ridiculously depleted. That's where iPhone 2.0 comes in.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
You know, I've been thinking.

All the things that people want in the "next" iPhone, gps, more storage, replaceable battery, bigger battery with more life, etc. etc. etc.

You know all of the "Hardware" modifications that would be needed to make certain things possibe.

Why don't they just make room for it all by making the phone slightly larger, thicker or whatever? I mean, the phone is extremely sleek as it is but slightly thicker or wider wouldn't freak people out too much would it?

I know I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Just a thought. And I have "0" knowledge when it comes to building these things or for that matter any other phone so...

;)
I would not want it bigger. I think it is almost to big to hold comfortably (width wise) and use as a phone now. Maybe because I have "girl hands" lol! I also just had a BB pearl which is thicker in depth, but has less width. I also would not want the iPhone to be heavier. But I could always get a bluetooth headset thing and then I would not have to hold it up to my ear...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
I can understand the not "wider" "taller" but thickness really wouldn't matter to me.

I'm using a sidekick3 now and it feels really bulky. The iPhone's that I've played around with in the store feel nice and sleek (although they are attached by the wire so it's hard to get a real good feel) so thickness isn't a very big deal to me, I'd even say they could make it twice as thick (ipod thick maybe) and it'd be fine with me.

Anyways, I'm just assuming they would have to make a hardware update to fit most things that people are wanting in the iPhone. And that room for other processors, batteries and what not will be needed.