Next new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by RyansTitan05, May 10, 2013.

1. RyansTitan05

RyansTitan05 Contributor
    Bronze

I'm really wanting the "wow" factor in the next phone. Kinda like when the first iPhone ever came out. Although I love IOS... I'm considering the S4!

Someone talk some sense into me please!

Sent using iCafe app

2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

There will be plenty of "wow" factor. Even if the 12-megapixel camera and a slight bump in processor speed are the only improvements that pan out, that's still quite amazing. Couple that with iOS 7 (which I understand will work just fine on most existing iPhones) and you have yourself a winning combination. To me, it's not really a question of -if-, but -when- I will upgrade.

Because I have two lines, my mom's and my own, on my AT&T account, I can upgrade my handset for the subsidized price anytime on or after July 27th, 2013. If you can get the new model for the subsidized price, I see no reason not to upgrade.

Oh, and yes, I'm really hoping the fingerprint sensor makes it into the 5S. That will just be the icing on the cake.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't think there will be a wow factor, not one outside of the typical reaction by most fans anyway. There's only so much Apple and other manufacturers can do with a rectangular slab. I believe the real wow factors will occur when we see foldable displays, transparent screens, watches or something that drastically deviates from the norm today.

4. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I'm looking forward to the new software, not the hardware.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet. My smokin hot iPhone 5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I know what you mean. I really hate those stale old cars with four tires, glass windshields, headlights in the front (in the front!), etc. :D

6. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

:D
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1368212942.135157.jpg

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Here's what will wow me. I don't want a 12 MP camera. I'll just try to find a way to tune it down to 5 or 8 anyway. I don't print posters or buy into the MP scam. I also don't care about gimmicky fingerprint scanners, bump/wave capabilites, 128 GB storage or NFC. I want better specs. I want a faster processor, more RAM and improved camera optics. The rest of my requests are software-related. I'm also hoping the new one looks exactly like the current one because the white iPhone is the best-looking electronic device I've ever seen and it's still wows me every day.

8. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I agree with the 128 GB.

9. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I don't see the need for 128 in my case. I would not want to carry that much media around, what's the point other than if you get stuck on a desert island without Internet and cloud sync service? Plus, I've yet to meet anyone that can consume 128G worth of music/movies, etc. in 1 day.

10. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I like to have as much with me as possible. Movies take up a lot of space. And recording 1080p video also takes up a lot of space.

11. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Actually, yes, I overlooked that point, recording 1080P video would be a good reason to get 128GB....

12. dkhmwilliams

dkhmwilliams Member
    Bronze

I took a 3 minute video last week and it was almost a third of a gig.

13. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

There won't be much wow factor. This is an incremental upgrade. 5S... Next year's iPhone 6 will be the wow you're looking for.

14. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

So wow = new design? It can have the same hardware improvements we see every year, but for some reason people aren't impressed until it looks different (not necessarily better) and their old cases become useless. The 5 is beautiful. I hope they keep the same design for another year. I don't need it to change just for the sake of change.

15. efuseakay

efuseakay Contributor
    Silver

Oh. I'm just saying people are getting their hopes up with the 5S. Expecting something so groundbreaking/new etc. It'll look the same I believe. All the enhancements besides iOS 7 will be internal/tweaks etc. Not a bad thing at all, but people need to be realistic.

16. meFTW

meFTW New Member

I have no issues with how the iPhone looks, however I do wish they upgrade the ios. Need something new and not gimmicky.

17. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I think people use the word gimmicky too often, just because ape doesn't care to implement a particular feature, it doesn't mean that feature is gimmicky.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Simians are making iPhones now? What a world we live in...

2001-Ape-with-iphone-thumb.jpg

19. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

You damn dirty ape!

Sent using iCafe app

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple not implementing features is not a prerequisite for them being gimmicky. I would say a 3D screen on a phone and Smart Scroll (eye scrolling) are gimmicky regardless if Apple implements them or not.