next time i go to the mall..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
i'm going to get an application at the Apple store.

i don't have too much mac experience but i do have iPhone experience. as i type this i'm almost second-guessing myself but who knows. maybe they could really use someone that knows a great deal about the iPhone, and if i did get the job, you can most certainly bet that i will have a macbookpro soon after (discounts? fogettaboutit!). and i also pick up technology very quickly so i don't think it would be very long.

anyway, i was wondering if i could get some advice from anyone who might work at an Apple store currently or maybe you just know some info.

thanks in advance

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas

i don't have too much mac experience but i do have iPhone experience. as i type this i'm almost second-guessing myself but who knows. maybe they could really use someone that knows a great deal about the iPhone, and if i did get the job, you can most certainly bet that i will have a macbookpro soon after (discounts? fogettaboutit!). and i also pick up technology very quickly so i don't think it would be very long.

anyway, i was wondering if i could get some advice from anyone who might work at an Apple store currently or maybe you just know some info.

thanks in advance
I was expecting you to say something about taking a weapon with you. You know, Omaha and the Mall thing

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I worked at an Apple store for 2 years; I had to quit this year due it to being my last year of High School.

Let me say this; among the several wonderful experiences I've had in my life, working there is definitely among the top ten.

Helping people alone was great. Being able to show them exactly what they wanted or showing them that the Mac can do all and more of what a PC did was wonderful. The rest of the staff was very friendly and the salary was great too.

Of course, it helped that I had already been using Macs for six years, but at the time, I saw them as nothing more than computers that just so happened to be better than PCs. But as I worked there I began to see them as more of powerful machines capable of tons of stuff. I learned how to write scripts there, how to develop software, all kind of great stuff that I use every single day.

Definitely go for it. And knowing you, you'll most likely get the job.

Oh and by the way - there's a question on the application form that asks you what OS you run. :) No kidding.

At least it was on there when I applied.

Good luck!

- John

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
And wrhutch - I don't if you see shooting as something funny, but I sur don't joke about that kind of stuff. Seriously.

- John

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
And wrhutch - I don't if you see shooting as something funny, but I sur don't joke about that kind of stuff. Seriously.

- John
I definitely don't see it as funny. I simply saw a header and thought of protecting one's self. I never intended it as an attack or intention of hurting others. I apologize if it was taken as such.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
Well your thread heading is "next time I go to the Mall".
and that's the conclusion you came to?! lol

it could have been something like.. i'm going to buy a nice sweater..:p

anyway, to MMP:
thanks for the post and the support on the job :laugh2:
you see, the reason i really want to work there is because i actually like helping people with the iPhone, especially to people who don't understand it. it just comes natural to me so i feel like it would be a nice job.

plus, who doesn't want to wear a mac shirt and bluejeans to work every day? /heh

also, i was wondering, do you think they're still giving out iPhone to their employee's? i mean.. i already have one too...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
and that's the conclusion you came to?! lol

it could have been something like.. i'm going to buy a nice sweater..:p

anyway, to MMP:
thanks for the post and the support on the job :laugh2:
you see, the reason i really want to work there is because i actually like helping people with the iPhone, especially to people who don't understand it. it just comes natural to me so i feel like it would be a nice job.

plus, who doesn't want to wear a mac shirt and bluejeans to work every day? /heh

also, i was wondering, do you think they're still giving out iPhone to their employee's? i mean.. i already have one too...
I doubt that.. They stated that you have to have been with the company for two years to get one anyway. :p

When I went to the Apple Store in Cupertino last year, all the dudes at the Genius Bar were waering awesome hats with an Apple logo on them.

I wanted one so badly. In fact, had I had an appointment - I might have jumped one of them, snagged the hat and ran. :)

- John

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
Well a sweater would be nice. I guess what was on my mind was the next time that I go I'm going to be very worried about copy cats.

It would be fun to work at an Apple store.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I doubt that.. They stated that you have to have been with the company for two years to get one anyway. :p

When I went to the Apple Store in Cupertino last year, all the dudes at the Genius Bar were waering awesome hats with an Apple logo on them.

I wanted one so badly. In fact, had I had an appointment - I might have jumped one of them, snagged the hat and ran. :)

- John
LOL!
stealing peoples hats.. shame!

but yeah, i forgot about the 2year thing.. :p
oh well, maybe they'll let me upgrade to iPhoneII when it comes out..

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
I definitely don't see it as funny. I simply saw a header and thought of protecting one's self. I never intended it as an attack or intention of hurting others. I apologize if it was taken as such.
i don't take offense..
i take LIVES

(says it in a chucknorris'y voice)

Jul 17, 2007
baby oahu

thanks in advance
is that $$$ you going to make go towards your wii60 games? why not just work for gamestop..

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
that mall thing was sad... but why does people want to do that... if they want to be known just post a video on youtube and BAM!
The guy had major mental issues.

The suicide letter he left said that "He wanted to go out in style."

- John

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
is that $$$ you going to make go towards your wii60 games? why not just work for gamestop..
oh no, those are going to be xmas present :laugh2:

i'm going to the mall today
who should i ask for an application?
also, what job would i be applying for? what i want to do(at least at first) would be answering questions for people about the iPhone/iPod on tech specs, or accessories etc.

like i've stated before, i don't have too much mac(computer) experience but hopefully i would get trained for these things and i'm actually hoping to get a mac soon(and put windows on it :p.. i can't live without some of my PC :D)