Nextel SIM?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

HAAS07

Nov 13, 2007
I have a nextel now and was wondering if i bought an unlocked i ohone if i could use a nextel sim card in the iPhone? I have a nextel i860 now. If you could help me out i would appriciate it cause i don't want to spend money on the phone and my sim not work!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I have a nextel now and was wondering if i bought an unlocked i ohone if i could use a nextel sim card in the iPhone? I have a nextel i860 now. If you could help me out i would appriciate it cause i don't want to spend money on the phone and my sim not work!
Nextel uses iDen/TDMA technology, not GSM so no you wouldn't be able to use your Nextel sim in the iPhone. I don't know why that other poster told you something totally WRONG! M

puppymom

Nov 14, 2007
Nextel

If you bought the phone new from a Sprint-Nextel store, you'd already have a compatable SIM but if you are using a SIM from Nextel before they merged with Sprint, you may need a new SIM. The old Nextel phones do not work with Sprint-Nextel SIMS. You can take the phone into a store and see what you have. E-bay has lots of cheap SIMS that are good deals and legitmate.:laugh2:Good Luck