NextGeniPhone: Predictions on New Hardware & Release Dates.

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
This part is news to me also! Different screen rez? That's so obvious Apple's gonna have different devices with different size screens. Man, I can't wait to see what's in store!
This gives even more weight to the likelihood that the new phone will be the iPhone HD. I doubt that they will change the ratio of the screen, but I almost certainly suspect that they will increase the quality of the screen resulting in a higher resolution that will need to be accounted for by application developers.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Probably just more rehash, but still droolage:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/30/AR2009043003193.html

Will Apple (NSDQ: AAPL) do to the camcorder industry what it has done to the music industry? Yes, according to an article in BusinessWeek today, which strings together a number of events to make the bold prediction that we are "about six weeks away from the next big thing."
It argues that Apple is on the cusp of turning the iPhone into a powerful camcorder that would get rid of cumbersome cables and complicated video-editing software. "My gut tells me Apple will make the iPhone a one-stop studio for recording, editing, viewing and sharing your own videos. Actually, more than my gut. I've spoken with a source that is familiar with Apple's plans for the next iPhone, which may well be announced at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference in early June."

Last edited by a moderator:

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Yeah just when we though companies like Palm and HTC were catching up or getting ahead Apple just takes another big step forward(at least that's what it looks like)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Honda, I just don't have words to express my feelings about your new avatar. It's.... interesting... :sick:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
"Improved Screen" on the way? Yes please! :D

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'd like to know how it can get any better? It's already stunning. It's like trying to make water wetter!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It makes perfect sense. If this new iPhone will have an improved camera, video capability with editing software, then it reasons that a new and improved screen would be included. I do think OLED is a bit too soon. I would gladly take any improvement with the screen however. June can't come soon enough, 35 days and counting! :laugh2:

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Ok, so check this out.

I'm going to keep the forums and the member confidential from where this PM was posted in my inbox because I don't think it would be cool to post such info as they don't know I'm posting it elsewhere and may not want the info released.

Anyways, take it for what it's worth. Still sounded truthful to me but could be made up as we all know any one of us can make up any 'ol rumor.

Read on...

"Someone" posted in "A" forum that they used to work for Apple and had held 3 different prototypes of a new generation iPhone.

So I sent them a PM and here's how it went...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =MuLti-CeLL=
I find that pretty awesome if you worked for Apple. What did you do? Can you tell me anything about a new iPhone this summer? Thanks! :p

"I worked for Apple, but was not employed by Apple.

Yes, one is coming, it may be delayed by up to three weeks though. Apple won't launch until 32 GB models are ready but they are dependent upon industry supply. Target launch for July 10, actual launch will be the 17th to no later than the 31st. I don't work in software but I think that 3.0 will be ready before the new iPhone and they will probably release it to current users before the new iPhone goes on sale.

The leaked image of the back casing from a month or two ago is real. It is a rubberized plastic which feels "grippy" and has a smoky charcoal color. That is part of just one of three prototypes. The chrome bezel is gone. The camera hole is slightly larger with an actual lens, no optical zoom or flash. It will utilize the 3.2 MP sensor. On one prototype the Apple logo was made transparent so it could be lighted by an LED (which had yet to be added). It doesn't appear this feature has been added in the 3.0 software so it is unlikely to be released. On another prototype there were two LED's that shone through the LCD when it wasn't in use, however this won't come to the final release as the feature doesn't justify the cost and it increased the device thickness somewhat.

The CPU is 733 MHz and is custom-designed by PA semi. It runs underclocked around 530 MHz at the same performance as the current processor which runs at 400 MHz. It could probably run at its full rating but will likely be under clocked at whichever rating optimizes battery life. It is not multi-core. RAM has doubled to 256 MB.

One model will be released this summer, two distinct models are being developed. Don't know when they will expand by the product line but expect two iPhone models by the end of 2010."

yes, I'll take one of those please.

Like I said, ya know, this person could just be pullin' my leg, but doesn't just sound made up 'on the fly'.

Geez, could we have another week of slow iPhone rumors please? What are we goin' on? 3 weeks now? :p

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That's great stuff, Indy. The processor news is a tad disappointing, but hopefully they can run it full throttle if needed. I don't think any of this sounds out of line at all with what is likely to happen...

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
That's great stuff, Indy. The processor news is a tad disappointing, but hopefully they can run it full throttle if needed. I don't think any of this sounds out of line at all with what is likely to happen...
yes, maybe they can bump it up in speed if needed. 256 RAM Yay! :laugh2:

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
damn cant wait for it im bored with my sony xperia aready... i saw all the new apps, i haven't had an iPhone since it first came out so it should be tight.

that commercial tho with the fedex delivery check is tight

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
I've just passed on a birthday gadget present in the hope that the new iPhone will be released soon (June/July).

Well those in the know will .... my gamble pay off?