NFL GameDay!

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah I really thought the Colts would have won it but regardless I am happy with the Saints winning it because of all they have been through they deserve it you could say!
They didn't deserve to win because of what they have been through. They won cause they were good. I wanted the Colts to win, but the better team usually gets the trophy.

simba33

Silver
Oct 21, 2009
Kingsburg CA
www.ebwebcreations.com
They didn't deserve to win because of what they have been through. They won cause they were good. I wanted the Colts to win, but the better team usually gets the trophy.
or that they wanted it more. they didn't DESERVE it, youre right. but if you get 2 evenly matched teams to go at it, its basically which team wants it more. Colts were already there a few years ago. Saints have never been there. then they get support from the entire city because of the casualties so they go out to win it for them as well as themselves.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Agreed, they out played the Colts in just about every aspect of the game.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
What I liked most about this Super Bowl is that it was fairly close,that is, until the scoring interception. I'm happy that the Saints finally had their day in the sun.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
You know Katrina was a good storyline to sell the Super Bowl but let's not kid ourselves. This game had absolutely nothing to do with a category 5 hurricane, destroyed neighborhoods and a rebuilt stadium.

The game that really uplifted Katrina victims happened back in '06 with the re-opening of the Superdome. The Saints rode the momentum all the way to the NFC Championship Game that year but obviously weren't good enough to really compete with the best.

Last night what you witnessed was the New Orleans Saints beating a team that many considered to be the best for the past decade or so.

It was a matchup of two star QBs on the biggest stage and Brees outperforming Manning.

This was about a team determined to finish strong to take steps to begin to change the perception of the franchise.

It was about facing an immediate deficit and remaining focused enough to not allow it to get out of their reach before they could make necessary adjustments.

It was about exceptional play calling and execution.

It was about Sean Payton finally being able to reap the benefit of all his hard work, tweaking and making adjustments over the past 4 years to build a championship team.

Last night was about silencing the naysayers and talking heads that didn't give them a chance despite having gone 13-0 to start off the season.

Last night was about two great teams facing each other for the title of World Champions; not about Katrina victims.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
Today begins my least favorite time of year. To make things worse the Mavericks suck and Stars suck. Come on March Madness. I guess baseball season could finally be interesting for us Rangers fans.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I'm going to enjoy this time and will await patiently to hear Goodell say "and with the 32nd pick of the 2010 NFL draft, the New Orleans Saints select..."

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
At least you get the 4th pick in the draft. There should be someone there at that spot to help your roster. :sneaky:
This is one year I actually wouldn't have minded if the Cowboys sucked. This looks to be a good draft. If the Rams don't draft Suh they shall become the new version of the past Aints. Eh, maybe Detroit already holds that title.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
This is one year I actually wouldn't have minded if the Cowboys sucked. This looks to be a good draft. If the Rams don't draft Suh they shall become the new version of the past Aints. Eh, maybe Detroit already holds that title.
This draft is going to bereally deep. Lots of great players to be picked up in rounds 3-5.

Actually the Cardinals, Falcons, Texans and Bucs already have worst overall records in their franchise histories. Then again, the Cowboys have the best franchise record over all and we all know the recent history. The past, honestly, means very little in this new age of the NFL.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
This draft is going to bereally deep. Lots of great players to be picked up in rounds 3-5.

Actually the Cardinals, Falcons, Texans and Bucs already have worst overall records in their franchise histories. Then again, the Cowboys have the best franchise record over all and we all know the recent history. The past, honestly, means very little in this new age of the NFL.
very true about the past meaning very little. A team can suck one year and be good the next more than ever the way parity is now. It really wouldn't surprise me to see a team with a high pick that already has some talent in place like, uh, Washington to be solid next year. Also, Tennessee coming off a solid finish, and a strong season year before last, with a relatively high pick should be strong next year.

simba33

Silver
Oct 21, 2009
Kingsburg CA
www.ebwebcreations.com
very true about the past meaning very little. A team can suck one year and be good the next more than ever the way parity is now. It really wouldn't surprise me to see a team with a high pick that already has some talent in place like, uh, Washington to be solid next year. Also, Tennessee coming off a solid finish, and a strong season year before last, with a relatively high pick should be strong next year.
^^^^pittsburgh is an example^^^^

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
^^^^pittsburgh is an example^^^^
different context but yeah, there is some truth to that. I think the injuries were key to the Steelers fall this year. I was talking more along the lines of teams being able to go from perennial dogs to studs through a few draft picks and free agency moves. Especially with there being no cap this free agency season, a couple of overly motivated owners might just break the bank to get their team over the top.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Since free agency starts at 12:01 am on Friday, the Bears will take Julius Peppers and Samari Rolle. Thanks!

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Since free agency starts at 12:01 am on Friday, the Bears will take Julius Peppers and Samari Rolle. Thanks!
Peppers = the second coming of Albert Haynesworth. lol

He's going to save da Bears much like Crybaby did last year. Good luck with that one and with letting Olsen go to boot.