Nic Wallenda Live Skywire Walk

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Anyone else planning on watching Nic Wallenda walk on a tight rope across the Little Colorado River Gorge near the Grand Canyon tonight? He'll be 1500 feet high with no tether and no net. The walk is expected to take 30 minutes and will air live with a 10 second delay. You can watch it on the Discovery Channel at 8:00 pm EST/5:00 pm PST.
http://skywire.discovery.com/

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Watching this stuff upsets me because I'm always afraid of the worst happening. I even hate to watch competitive figure skating because I feel bad for them when they fall or slip. I'm not good with this stuff.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'll be watching. I know it's not their family style, but 1500 foot drop. Pack a small chute under his clothes. Accident happens and it's just a nice BASE Jump ;)

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I missed what his next event is going to be. They live and practice 25 miles or so from me. May have to stop by their practice session(s) one of these days.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Watching this stuff upsets me because I'm always afraid of the worst happening. I even hate to watch competitive figure skating because I feel bad for them when they fall or slip. I'm not good with this stuff.
I'll be honest, I was a little nervous as well. Did you watch the hour and a half before the walk where they explained all of the preparation he had for this alone? Also he has done other stunts in his lifetime. This is done for his great grandfather who died on the same cable wife I believe it was. Anywho, I had a feeling he would make it across as he had a lot of training in tough weather and winds.

Sent using iCafe app