Nice if you could assign functions to home button

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
I know I'm probably opening a Pandora box but without pushing the envelope too much it would be a cool idea (now since Apple added the “extra” click to the home button with version 1.1.1) for them to add a couple more clicks to the home button. One that could either go to the phone contacts from your web browser or vice versa (I love when I’m browsing and double click to see my ipod options) . Again not pushing the envelope too much.. But it’s easy to think you can sextuple click to redial. HA!

Last edited by a moderator:

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
How about just putting some user programmable buttons on the darned thing's edges.

There's a good reason why all other phones have lots of buttons. They're handy!

Boosted_Brian

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
I was just thinking and this and the most amazing idea just came to me. How about you press the home button, and then select the application that you want to open. That's a maximum of two strokes. So while you sit there and count to ten as you hammer away on the home button, I will already be on my call.

I see your point, however, don't you find it a little redundant. A shortcut is suppose to require less work, not more.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I already need to triple or quad click the thing as it is to get to the shortcut, I don't want there to be more than one function assigned to multiple clicks on the home button until it is consistent. And I second the request for more options on that.

I wouldn't mind having the home button held in to show a quick touch menu with some customizable icons like "kill nonresponsive app", and other various things.