Nice Price Device

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Just a quick note ... Is there any commercial enterprise which could sell anything, beit auto or house, listing only the down payment? "This Hollywood Hills bungalow is going for $2K!"

No, you cannot buy an iPhone 6 for $299, no matter the spiel or the big board behind Tim. Interest-free loan? Solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
How is the iPhone different from any premium smartphone? Consumers are savvy enough to know that listed prices are with a contract and are subsidized prices.

I bought my wife an iPhone 6 for $299. I also know that in order for AT&T to sell me that iPhone, I need to commit to a contract for 2 years.

T-Mobile is the only carrier to offer actual non-subsidized pricing on their plans. Those phones start at $649.

I should point out that some carriers do offer interest free loans on new iPhones. Next, Edge and Jump are all options. Some cost more than others. They all offer discounts on the plans, since you're not getting a subsidy.

I wouldn't get annoyed at Apple. They aren't doing anything different than every single smartphone manufacturer.

How is the iPhone different from any premium smartphone?

I wouldn't get annoyed at Apple. They aren't doing anything different than every single smartphone manufacturer.
My note wasn't about Apple, but the industry. Of course they all do it, and we here are aware of it. But I suggest there be some who see the advertised numbers and are not that interested in delving into their plans to note the carriers are drawing back their advances for the device.

But I always thought the down plus monthly payments would equal at the end of the contract the unlocked device price, i.e. $599, and no more. This isn't so?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
But I always thought the down plus monthly payments would equal at the end of the contract the unlocked device price, i.e. $599, and no more. This isn't so?

It depends on the carrier and the plan. Things get muddled when the phone price and mobile plans are joined. That's where T-Mobile has stepped out of the norm. You can buy an iPhone 6 for the retail price - $649.92. If you pay over 24 months, it's $27.08 totaling $649.92. AT&T and Verizon offer similar plans, but they are a bit more confusing.

Do I think that carriers like the confusion? You bet, my head was spinning while authoring this article on how to check eligibility and upgrade to the new iPhone.