Nike.app in 3.0 beta 2

klgten

Mar 30, 2009
I just saw a picture of a application called Nike.app under the application folder on your iPhones root! (P.S. If anyone has an open slot that they would be willing to donate to me please pm me! I'm stuck on the 3.0 beta 2 and the quickpwn to downgrade freezes. Please help me! Thanks in advance!)

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
That post makes no sense to me whatsoever!

klgten

Mar 30, 2009
Lmao

hahaha XD ok well supposedly if you look into the iPhone using the program iPhonebrowser you will see an Apple native application named Nike.app. This hints to the Nike jogging thing they sell to connect your ipod and now iPhone to your shoe. The second part of that is just me trying to get my phone back to regular. its currently stuck on the 3.0 beta 2 and its frokzen since im not registered. Hoe this clears up the confusion!

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
haha that makes much more sense! ok, well the 1st question about the Nike app - I haven't heard this will be release as a special feature on 3.0 - have you got this screenshot? i thought it was only available for ipods?

Secondly, there are 2 things that may help fix your phone. Pay the $5 or whatever a dev is charging, its not really that much. pm TAEWING59, he sorted me out and im sure he has spots open. Other than that, follow the downgrade guide word for word. Its quite complex on a mac if you don't know what your doing, so try and use a pc. There shouldnt be a reason you cant downgrade to 2.2.1. Make sure your putting the phone in DFU mode properly. Also, if you werent registered on a dev account, why did you try and update?

klgten

Mar 30, 2009
I can get a screenshot of it if you want... I have tried the downgrade several times and the quickpwn freezes right befor it gets to setting the iPhone into restore mode. I currently cannot pay anyone since i am 15 and cannot have a credit card. im screwed X(
i sent my UDID to a guy online and he told me he added it to his list and then i updated. when i did i got stuck in restore mode and when i emailed him back he said he ment to send me that he had no more slots left. So im in a very difficult position.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
No, your doing the downgrade wrong. If quickpwn is freezing you haven't put the iPhone into DFU mode properly... follow these instructions, thanks to shutter13

This is assuming you are doing this in windows. Instructions for MAC can be found here.

1 - Open iTunes
2 - Get your iPhone in DFU mode
3 - Select restore iPhone (using the original 2.2.1 firmware, not a custom one)
4 - Let your iPhone do the restart process until you get ERROR 1013
5 - Close iTunes
6 - Open Quickpwn. you will get a message saying to hold power and home for 15 seconds.
7 - Turn on your iPhone by holding power button for 2 seconds
8 - Open iTunes and your iPhone is recognized and activated

It should be noted when you open quickpwn, that is all you do, you can immediately close it and reset your phone, let it activate and then you can jailbreak if you wish. You should not have to shift-click the restore button, just click restore. 2.2.1 is the latest official OS for the iPhone.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Get your iPhone in DFU mode
Attach phone to computer
Turn phone off
Hold Power (sleep/wake) and home button for exactly 10 seconds
Let go of the Power button (continue holding home) until your computer makes the noise that it recognizes a USB device has been plugged in.

Your in DFU, the screen should be black, nothing on it, if you get a screen showing you to plug into iTunes, your in recovery mode, not DFU, start over and try again.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Didn't the last generation iTouches get the Nike.app? I thought part of them was having the Nike+ stuff built in. I'm guessing maybe it's an upgrade for that and it only shows on iTouches?

klgten

Mar 30, 2009
Ive got an iPhone 3g so thats why im stumped.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
yes, I imagine either one of two things is happening. Either

1) The app has been in the 3G firmware it's just been disabled since the iPhone doesn't have the right hardware.

OR

2) The 3G is going to have to the Nike+ stuff.

Personally I'm hoping for #2 because I'd love to have the Nike+ stuff in my phone. I was really mad when I found out it was iPod touch only.

klgten

Mar 30, 2009
Yeah the whole pedometer plus the benefits of and iPhone is just a fantastic idea

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
hahaha XD ok well supposedly if you look into the iPhone using the program iPhonebrowser you will see an Apple native application named Nike.app. This hints to the Nike jogging thing they sell to connect your ipod and now iPhone to your shoe. The second part of that is just me trying to get my phone back to regular. its currently stuck on the 3.0 beta 2 and its frokzen since im not registered. Hoe this clears up the confusion!
I would love for there to be a NIKE app. I don't use Nike, tho. :(