Nimbuzz

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Is this a replacement for Palringo and Fring?
I haven't made an account so I was wonder if there was anyone that tried it out yet.
Tell me if its worth it lol

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
Haven't tried it yet. I'm downloading it now to give it a whirl. I like fring but I have issues with my SkypeOut sometimes on fring. I'll report back once I have it installed and have tested it out.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
So I just played around with nimbuzz for 10 minutes or so and my initial impression is it's nice but not quite there yet. The contacts for AIM / GTalk, etc seem to work good. The layout is nice and works well. Overall as a chat client it doesn't give you anything that any other ones don't already have. The one reason it piqued my interst and I downloaded wit was the Skype integration. I have a SkypeOut account and have been looking for a program to use on my iPhone to replace fring as fring I've had some issues with. This program supports Skype however you have to have the contact added to your skype contact list before you can do anything. The program doesn't support just dialing a number so it's not quite there yet.

Overall I'm leaving the program install because I think it has great potential it just needs another revision or two to get going.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I couldn't get all of my accounts to sync up. I'm not sure what the problem is because I'm putting in the correct usernames and passwords. I ended up deleting it.

Y-Less

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Netherlands, The
Nimbuzz was around before those applications like Palringo and Fring. But not before MobileChat. Anyways. Its a nice free application that does the job very well.

efuseakay

Contributor
Silver
Nov 11, 2008
I'm very hesitant to use apps like this, since they use their own servers to connect to the networks. When you log in, they get all of your screen names, and passwords... Just an FYI...

There is no reason any of these apps/companies should require you "signing up" with them, other than to gain access to your IM accounts.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Okay I got it back because people were saying that the Skype quality was better than Fring.

And they were right. I went through a 26 minute call pretty well. There was some interference but I think that had more to do with my friend's Bluetooth headset through his laptop.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Fring offers voipbuster calls (which are free) but this only has skype and whatnot so I don't think its better right. The description says you can use voip for AIM and yahoo...is that true? Can you do a phone to computer call?