Ninja iPhone save..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

winterymix

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
St. Albans, WV
After reading on these forums several accounts of people dropping their phones with various results, I thought I'd share my experience.

I had just arrived home with my new 8gb iPhone, giddy with excitement, I carefuly opened the box and removed all the contents. Taking the phone itself out of the box, I began to try to remove the sticky tape that the phone is wrapped in. As I'm sure all of you know, the phone is wrapped nearly all the way around once with this clear sticky plastic. As I pulled harder and harder on the tape, it gave away unexpectedly all at once...violently spinning the phone out of my hand as it did.

Standing in my kitchen, with rock hard linoleum floors, I as others have, experienced the distortion of the space-time continuum as my phone, spinning on it's axis from the torque of the plastic coming off, flew toward the floor. In that instant, all non-life supporting functions in my brain switched from whatever they were occupied with, and into "Oh my God...try not to poop your pants and save iPhone at all costs.." mode.

Drawing upon some hidden reserve of super-human ability that I can only assume I subconsciously learned from watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon too many times, I brought my feet together and literally caught my iPhone between the toes of my shoes a millisecond before it struck the rock-hard floor.

Now keep in mind, the phone was spinning rapidly on it's axis, and it never touched the floor. I stood perfectly still for a moment, trying to take in what had just happened. I realized I never heard the sickening *thwap!* of my phone hitting the floor..and I realized to my utter astonishment that my lame, uncoordinated attempt to catch my phone with my feet had somehow, someway, actually worked. I bent over without moving my feet and saw that I had caught the phone with the toes of my shoes barely a quarter-inch off the ground.

I picked my phone back up, now being ridiculously over-careful, and inspected it for damage. Amazingly, none what-so-ever. After a short mixed bout of maniacal laughter and crying, I knelt down and uttered a prayer of thanks to my God and Chow Yun-Fat...not necessarily in that order.

I am embarrassingly careful with my phone to this day. I've owned my phone for about 3 weeks.
-Winterymix

chevychic55

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
OC Cali
After reading on these forums several accounts of people dropping their phones with various results, I thought I'd share my experience.

I had just arrived home with my new 8gb iPhone, giddy with excitement, I carefuly opened the box and removed all the contents. Taking the phone itself out of the box, I began to try to remove the sticky tape that the phone is wrapped in. As I'm sure all of you know, the phone is wrapped nearly all the way around once with this clear sticky plastic. As I pulled harder and harder on the tape, it gave away unexpectedly all at once...violently spinning the phone out of my hand as it did.

Standing in my kitchen, with rock hard linoleum floors, I as others have, experienced the distortion of the space-time continuum as my phone, spinning on it's axis from the torque of the plastic coming off, flew toward the floor. In that instant, all non-life supporting functions in my brain switched from whatever they were occupied with, and into "Oh my God...try not to poop your pants and save iPhone at all costs.." mode.

Drawing upon some hidden reserve of super-human ability that I can only assume I subconsciously learned from watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon too many times, I brought my feet together and literally caught my iPhone between the toes of my shoes a millisecond before it struck the rock-hard floor.

Now keep in mind, the phone was spinning rapidly on it's axis, and it never touched the floor. I stood perfectly still for a moment, trying to take in what had just happened. I realized I never heard the sickening *thwap!* of my phone hitting the floor..and I realized to my utter astonishment that my lame, uncoordinated attempt to catch my phone with my feet had somehow, someway, actually worked. I bent over without moving my feet and saw that I had caught the phone with the toes of my shoes barely a quarter-inch off the ground.

I picked my phone back up, now being ridiculously over-careful, and inspected it for damage. Amazingly, none what-so-ever. After a short mixed bout of maniacal laughter and crying, I knelt down and uttered a prayer of thanks to my God and Chow Yun-Fat...not necessarily in that order.

I am embarrassingly careful with my phone to this day. I've owned my phone for about 3 weeks.
-Winterymix
Haha, I will think about punching people in the noggin if they get wihin the imaginary boundary I have created for my iPhone

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Haha, I will think about punching people in the noggin if they get wihin the imaginary boundary I have created for my iPhone
I feel the same way. This is how my iPhone rolls. It has it's own security detachment.

:p

Last edited by a moderator:

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Excellent story. Very well told. I would have loved to have witnessed tjat awesome catch. Shoot, i wish i would hsve DONE that catch the time i dropped mine ans scuffed the corner. After I took off the sucky disgusting best skins ever skin.

diesel

Bronze
Aug 15, 2007
NYC
Nice bit of story telling there..........

For me, ever since the price of the iPhone dropped like a brick, I don't seem to baby it and protect it as well as i used too.........

i can always get another one...........

amazing what a 200 dollar price reduction does to one's mind

tupacinla

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007

-Winterymix
lol nice story telling.. you should write a book!