NJ - AT&T iPhone 3G availability ?

seeker

Bronze
Jun 24, 2008
NJ/NYC - AT&T iPhone 3g availability ?

Hey guys,

I know it is a very specific question, but with all the sold out news, i hope you would understand such threads coming up. Could anyone post any news you have about New Jersey/New York City iPhone 3g availability at AT&T store ?

Thanks !

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
AT&T Stores in NJ, uh forget it. It will be weeks before they have stock.
They are doing what they can via fulfillment and that is now backed up 21 days for new orders.

Best place in NJ right now is Short Hills Mall from what the Apple Retail website says. They have both of the 16GBs but how many, no one knows.

seeker

Bronze
Jun 24, 2008
Also, how about the New York City AT&T stores, like the one near 5th ave. I am concerned about AT&T because, I have corporate discount on mine and cant go to an Apple store to get one.

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
From speaking to the local AT&T rep. at a smaller store, not sure if you will have any luck with the 5th Avenue store. You can call them up but don't be angry if they don't know when to expect them. If they tell you they haven't gotten any since the launch it's the truth.

I had tried my local AT&T store originally and last Saturday before opening they were nice enough to say only 8GBs were available.

People though are already receiving their order from AT&T that weekend that did the fulfillment order. If you do that route now it's up to 21 days.

When I stopped in the same AT&T store the other day, the guy working there answered two phone calls and both were about the iPhone. The second caller was a real jerk and gave the rep a hard time and I could hear the rep being polite. The guy was insistent that they had phones.

Well that's the entitlement mentality here in the northeast.

Okay good luck with your hunt and your inquiry with the 5th Avenue AT&T. You may get luckier though with the local Apple Stores. Depending on the time you get there and the lines.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I know AT&T stores in NJ won't have them any time soon.. and there was only 1 Apple store with black 16GB available.

mattdez

Jul 19, 2008
I don't know where you guys are in NJ (probably northern NJ) but I went to the Freehold Raceway Mall yesterday and stood in line for an hour and a half for my iPhone. They said they had 300 yesterday and I got one of the last 8GB phones.

Just keep trying all over and you'll find one.

quib

Jun 30, 2008
Hey guys,

I know it is a very specific question, but with all the sold out news, i hope you would understand such threads coming up. Could anyone post any news you have about New Jersey/New York City iPhone 3g availability at AT&T store ?

Thanks !
Does it have to be an ATT stores? From what I understand ATT stores didn't get much stock, so you have better chance in Apple Store. Try the Apple Store in Menlo Park Mall at Edison NJ. I went there twice this week during workday and it was running normal, meaning no lines, but I saw a couple of customers buying an iPhone inside.

NateEssex

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
NJ
Does it have to be an ATT stores? From what I understand ATT stores didn't get much stock, so you have better chance in Apple Store. Try the Apple Store in Menlo Park Mall at Edison NJ. I went there twice this week during workday and it was running normal, meaning no lines, but I saw a couple of customers buying an iPhone inside.
I'm headed to Menlo Park in a little while. I can let you know if they have any.

iigreatoneii

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Even though I live out in California, I just thought I'd add this little piece of information for what it's worth. I went to my local AT&T store yesterday to order my iPhone 3G via Direct Fulfillment, and I asked the rep while he was entering the information if they had a lot of people lined up outside on launch day and how many did they actually have on launch day. He told me that he went outside several times and told the people that they only received 50 iPhone 3G's so if you're not one of the first 50 people in line, you're better off to try another store. He said that a lot of people didn't leave, he thought maybe they were hoping that they would find some more iPhone 3G's in back in a box that they missed or whatever. He said there was 150+ people in line. I was pretty surprised because 50 iPhones is not many, especially for a launch day. It seems Apple didn't have the supply to do a launch this big. I'm assuming almost every AT&T got the same number of iPhone 3G's in on launch day, and now whatever they get appears to be going to direct fulfillment. The rep didn't look like he expected to see any iPhone's sitting in the back for walk in customers anytime soon.