no .3pg support is stupid

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ok i got over the fact that i can't get MMS and have convinced [and i did this myself for most of them] my closest friends and family to add my email address to their phones so that they can send me pics..[my brother lives in another state and me sends me pics of my nephew frequently]

today my brother sent me a video that he recorded from his RAZOR! [annoyed that iPhone cant video record (over that for now too)]
i get the email.. cool a .3pg file...sure why not? i go to open it... and i can hear it but I CANT SEE IT! what is up with that?

come on Apple... my comp can get the .3pg file to open...and my iPhone can't.? this sucks.....

well that was my rant about having to tell him to send the video to my gf phone so that we can see it... that was lame.

hey i was also able to see it 2 hrs later when i got home on my MAC...

well that is that...

hope that they can fix this among other things that need to be fixed in a future updates....

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hate to tell you, but Apple isn't really into codecs other than their own. Their firm stake in proprietary Quicktime and AAC formats is.... well, frustrating. I'd love to see more codec support on the iPhone.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
yep this is very frustrating. Apple needs to loosen the grip on the iPhone and not expect it to be tied completely to the iTunes/QuickTime system. The cell market is not the pc market and our phones need to be compatible with the capabilities of our friends/families phones. It sucks not being able to view a picture or video that's sent to a phone that would be more ideal than any other phone out there to view them, given the screen that the iPhone has.

But alas I will stop ranting because it's like

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes guess soo. it works with quick time at home... maybe i installed a codec that i cant remember or someting but it shows up as a 3pg quicktime file on my mac...

oh welll
well see what Apple does next fr iPhone