No answer tones for the iPhone?

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Why aren't there any answer tones for iPhone? You know that thing where you call someone and you hear music playing instead of a ringing. I called AT&T and they said it's not compatible with the iPhone. Any way to make it compatible.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Why aren't there any answer tones for iPhone? You know that thing where you call someone and you hear music playing instead of a ringing. I called AT&T and they said it's not compatible with the iPhone. Any way to make it compatible.
Just add it to your number. The type of phone you have doesn't matter...as long as its associated with your phone number, it'll work.

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Just add it to your number. The type of phone you have doesn't matter...as long as its associated with your phone number, it'll work.
How do you add it to your number?

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
I think you can do it online. You have to have your online account setup first if it isn't already.
Yeah, I set it up online already but I can't find the option to add it.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Go to wireless.att.com and you should click on Shop and then selection Ringtones and More.
That will bring up this page

And then you click on Buy Answer Tones

From here you can select to add it to your account and can manage who hears which tone.

Webby

Jun 5, 2008
Thanks. I got Answer Tones to work. :) Funny how AT&T kept telling me that it was not compatible with the iPhone. HA!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Thanks. I got Answer Tones to work. :) Funny how AT&T kept telling me that it was not compatible with the iPhone. HA!
Almost all of the people on this forum know more about the iPhone than the AT&T employees do.. :)