No Apple Store near me!

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by lwerle, Jul 24, 2013.

1. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

Another disadvantage of living in Podunk USA: the closest Apple Store is 78 miles away. Guess who's taking a road trip!

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They do free shipping with Apple Care+. Otherwise, it's $29 for 2-day shipping for an iPhone replacement. That's about the cost of gas and something to consider if that's why you're going.

3. lwerle

lwerle Member
    Bronze

Thank you. I did consider that except I don't trust mail. Too many things get lost and this a very expensive loss if it happens. It happened to my nephew although he was with a different phone carrier. Too scary to take a chance. I'm a weenie when it comes to sending electronics through mail.

Sent using iCafe app

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They insure it and send you a prepaid FedEx label, so there's nothing to worry about with Apple. I did it once before and it worked great. Mine's just over 100 miles away, and since it was free shipping it saved me $30 in gas. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. They send you the new phone first so you don't have any time without an iPhone.

5. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Road trip I am all for it 78 is nothing Take pictures and have a great time !

6. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

78 miles? You're kidding right? That's a short drive where I come from. My Apple store is 285 miles away. (Delta, CO to Denver, CO).

7. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

Luckily I have an Apple certified technician store near or I would have to drive a bajillion miles away..

Speaking of which I need to take my macbook in. It's hard drive is dying Again and the logic board may be going out. I'm praying its both because if so ill most likely be able to get a brand new replacement. Awww yeaaash

Sent using iCafe app

8. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Nothing like a 4 hour drive down I-70 to the Apple store, although the scenery is awesome. I'm south of Denver so I hit the Park Meadows Mall out in Lone Tree.

9. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

The best part is Glenwood Canyon. I hit Cherry Hill Mall.

10. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

I also tried the Apple free shipping and it's great. No issues at all with my phone.

11. iP5

iP5 Evangelist
    Gold

What makes you think the motherboard is fritzing too? Didn't you flip this to a Momentus yourself? If so then does that impact your coverage?

Sent from my Nexus 4

12. Babyt

Babyt Zealot
    Gold

Changing hdd and memory does not void the warranty. Messing with almost anything else on the inside will however.

I think it's logicboard cause of a bunch of graphic issues I keep having. However those could be caused by my hdd dieing.

Sent using iCafe app