No Apple Store near me!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
Another disadvantage of living in Podunk USA: the closest Apple Store is 78 miles away. Guess who's taking a road trip!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They do free shipping with Apple Care+. Otherwise, it's $29 for 2-day shipping for an iPhone replacement. That's about the cost of gas and something to consider if that's why you're going.

lwerle

Bronze
Feb 6, 2012
Thank you. I did consider that except I don't trust mail. Too many things get lost and this a very expensive loss if it happens. It happened to my nephew although he was with a different phone carrier. Too scary to take a chance. I'm a weenie when it comes to sending electronics through mail.

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
They insure it and send you a prepaid FedEx label, so there's nothing to worry about with Apple. I did it once before and it worked great. Mine's just over 100 miles away, and since it was free shipping it saved me $30 in gas. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. They send you the new phone first so you don't have any time without an iPhone.

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
Luckily I have an Apple certified technician store near or I would have to drive a bajillion miles away..

Speaking of which I need to take my macbook in. It's hard drive is dying Again and the logic board may be going out. I'm praying its both because if so ill most likely be able to get a brand new replacement. Awww yeaaash

Sent using iCafe app

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
78 miles? You're kidding right? That's a short drive where I come from. My Apple store is 285 miles away. (Delta, CO to Denver, CO).
Nothing like a 4 hour drive down I-70 to the Apple store, although the scenery is awesome. I'm south of Denver so I hit the Park Meadows Mall out in Lone Tree.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Luckily I have an Apple certified technician store near or I would have to drive a bajillion miles away..

Speaking of which I need to take my macbook in. It's hard drive is dying Again and the logic board may be going out. I'm praying its both because if so ill most likely be able to get a brand new replacement. Awww yeaaash

Sent using iCafe app
What makes you think the motherboard is fritzing too? Didn't you flip this to a Momentus yourself? If so then does that impact your coverage?

Sent from my Nexus 4

Babyt

Zealot
Gold
May 24, 2010
What makes you think the motherboard is fritzing too? Didn't you flip this to a Momentus yourself? If so then does that impact your coverage?

Sent from my Nexus 4
Changing hdd and memory does not void the warranty. Messing with almost anything else on the inside will however.

I think it's logicboard cause of a bunch of graphic issues I keep having. However those could be caused by my hdd dieing.

Sent using iCafe app