No Apple Watches in store on April 24

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Just heard a report on ABC Radio news at the top of the hour that says Apple Watches will NOT be available next Friday. The radio report sounded like there wouldn't be ANY watches coming next Friday, however, the online story I found indicates mail order watches will still arrive, but online orders is the only way to go for now, and even then, most ship dates are out into June at this time.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory/plan-line-apple-watch-week-30394935

Here's a transcript of the news story I heard:

"Turns out Apple's next big thing is suffering from some timing problems. Apples Watches won't be arriving next Friday after all. And they won't be available in Apple Stores by then either. The company now says deliveries will begin in June, and the April 24th delivery date has been erased from it's website and replaced with the words 'The Watch is Coming.' Company officials won't say why, but TechLogic's indicating supply problems are to blame. Diehard Apple Fans will just have to drool a little longer. Some analysts say it'll give those on the fence more TIME to think about it."

Last edited:

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
That's correct. If you pre-ordered, your watch can arrive on April 24th or later, depending on when you ordered. There won't be any in-store sales until June. Supply was low on this one. I'm not surprised at this news, given the lack of difficulty with the order process. This wasn't a sell-out the magnitude of an iPhone release. There was certainly more demand than the supply, as evidenced by the quick move to June availability.

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
I find it difficult to believe there won't be any watches available on the inaugural Watch day. I find a lot of things difficult to believe though, with about a 50/50 rating so far, so we'll just have to see. Do you think there won't be any lines based on this report?

EDIT: Well, there goes my obviously uninformed theory. :D I'll bet some people still show up on launch day hoping to snag a watch.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I find it difficult to believe there won't be any watches available on the inaugural Watch day. I find a lot of things difficult to believe though, with about a 50/50 rating so far, so we'll just have to see. Do you think there won't be any lines based on this report?
I wouldn't say zero lines. A good friend of mine sent me a text yesterday asking if I was going on the 24th. I advised him to pre-order and stay home.

Those folks will be seriously disappointed.