No Bars

jerrysha

Feb 29, 2008
This has happened to me twice and I have only had the iPhone two weeks. The phone is working fine and then all of a sudden I have no bars. No service. As I was driving to the AT&T store I decided to turn the phone completely off and then back on. This fixed the problem. Then it happened a second time a couple of days later. Any comments or solutions?

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
This has happened to me twice and I have only had the iPhone two weeks. The phone is working fine and then all of a sudden I have no bars. No service. As I was driving to the AT&T store I decided to turn the phone completely off and then back on. This fixed the problem. Then it happened a second time a couple of days later. Any comments or solutions?
it happens, its a known bug/something that just happens. It happens on my iPhone and other cellphones that I have had.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I don't know if I'd call it a bug. Maybe....either way, you should certainly "reboot" your phone every other day or so. I mean to turn it off and back on again. Why is that such a task? Clean your history, cache, and cookies, too, or you'll be back here posting about an unstable safari.

electoman

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don't know if I'd call it a bug. Maybe....either way, you should certainly "reboot" your phone every other day or so. I mean to turn it off and back on again. Why is that such a task? Clean your history, cache, and cookies, too, or you'll be back here posting about an unstable safari.

So true. Just a good habit learned from past PDA's/Phones

Oct 18, 2007
Could be a bad antenna connection

I had the same problem and Apple replaced my iPhone right away. They recognized this as a known problem with the antenna. Go get it looked at.

JTG

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Hm, I get that a lot but I thought it was just a fact of life, having the poorly positioned antenna that it does.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
I have been having kinda same problem. It goes from 5 bars to No bar in just like that. It happens in areas where ATT has very low to No coverage. Seems to me like a bug.

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I just unlocked my phone. I got "No Service" and I couldn't get it to go away so I unlocked with ZiPhone and it was fresh.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
They told me having to go to airplane mode in order to get the signal back was NOT normal, though...If they're all defective, are they prepared to replace 4 million iPhones?

nomercy

Apr 4, 2008
Hi, I'm China and got the exactly same problem as your guys.
Guess what I was told to do? turn on your ipod and play the music all the way till your battery black out (of course you need to make it mute)...
Just don't know why, but the bar is always at 5 when the ipod is turned on...

I'm confused.

My iPhone is 1.1.4 and was unlocked with iplus 2.0b.