No bill for iPhone

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Ok so I want an iPhone but I don't want it for the phone. Is there a way I can use the iPhone without having to pay for a service?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Ok so I want an iPhone but I don't want it for the phone. Is there a way I can use the iPhone without having to pay for a service?

No the phone has to be activated to use. There has been threads where you used to just put 9's into ssn to get month to month then stop. But I just read that that was stopped by AT&T.

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Damn so I have to get the iPod touch :[ I really wanted a camera.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
the camera is ok, the touch is worth it, it's got 8-16 gigs

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
There are hacks you can do to unlock, activate, whatever you want. IT CAN BE DONE. Check out the wiki's at mmi....

I know I've been "promoting" mmi a lot lately, no affiliation, just find a lot of useful info there.

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Eh what do you mean Ramesh? I am confused... Is it or isn't it possible. Its not even like I want to pick my own service or anything, I just want the iPhone for the everything else besides the phone. Music, camera, apps, wi fi, ect. I can't afford to pay a bill for any phone so I would like to have an iPhone just to entertain me.

Last edited by a moderator:

a noobstar

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
very very possible lots of wikis and youtubes, just google it, its called jailbreaking with no activation

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Thats great news, but is the process something most people can figure out?

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
I know that but I go lots of places and I like to take pictures.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Eh what do you mean Ramesh? I am confused... Is it or isn't it possible. Its not even like I want to pick my own service or anything, I just want the iPhone for the everything else besides the phone. Music, camera, apps, wi fi, ect. I can't afford to pay a bill for any phone so I would like to have an iPhone just to entertain me.
Don't know what I said to confuse you... IT CAN BE DONE. Check out our (EIC) modding section, or go to MMi and check out their wiki's or jailbreaking section. You'll be able to activate and jailbreak w/o any cell service. Then you'll be able to use the phone w/o the phone. :D

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
i understand that a camera is a nice feature, if you go a lot of places the touch would be more ideal to store more music and movies, also consider that it is only 2mp and that it will not zoom and it works like crap in the slightest low light...

get the touch and a nice camrea with like 8 mp and zoom...

iCafe

Dec 11, 2007
www.wwtdd.com
I know that but I go lots of places and I like to take pictures.
hello sir,
im with you here i wanted the camera and speakerphone
and soon im gonna activate it because i want to use it as a cell phone aswell ... anyway all you have to do is put in someones ss number who has bad credit

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
WTF someone elses SN number... don't do that .. just use the 999-99-9999 and do that instead. just look it up in the modding section or MMI

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
I don't care how many mp the camera has all I care about is its a camera. I am not a photographer, I just like taking funny pictures with my friends for some good memories. I want a product that can satisfy most of my needs and the iPhone destroys everything. And I also know a guy who can get them pretty cheap. rxmxsh can you tell me the site for MMi because I googled it and I got http://www.moneymanagement.org/

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
WTF someone elses SN number... don't do that .. just use the 999-99-9999 and do that instead. just look it up in the modding section or MMI
yes, I was touting that, but scandalex said that she tried that, and ATT has "fixed" this. If memory serves me, she had to get a pay as you, pay for one month, and then quit paying...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I don't care how many mp the camera has all I care about is its a camera. I am not a photographer, I just like taking funny pictures with my friends for some good memories. I want a product that can satisfy most of my needs and the iPhone destroys everything. And I also know a guy who can get them pretty cheap. rxmxsh can you tell me the site for MMi because I googled it and I got http://www.moneymanagement.org/
modmyifone.com

EDIT: Also, if you're using windows, this program will do a lot of it for you...
http://code.google.com/p/idemocracy/

xsbx

Bronze
Jan 5, 2008
Thanks @Ramesh but one more question. What wont I be able to do without a service. What exactly does blue tooth do and do I need a service to use it.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Thanks rxmxsh but one more question. What wont I be able to do without a service. What exactly does blue tooth do and do I need a service to use it.
Well - obviously you won't be able to use the phone function. Everything else should be good to.

As far as bluetooth goes, since the phone doesn't support a2dp, the only point of bluetooth would be for phonecalls. For music, you'll have to use earphones/headphones.