No Campers; just police officer at my AT&T stores

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SuperDave

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
Nobody there buy the hired off duty police officer in his squad car. Didn't even get out to talk. I'll try in the morning.
Weak sauce. Try to stop by really early in the morning if you can. That way you can see if something like iPhone displays have gone up or ropes indicating that a line can be formed. If not, maybe find another store?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Weak sauce. Try to stop by really early in the morning if you can. That way you can see if something like iPhone displays have gone up or ropes indicating that a line can be formed. If not, maybe find another store?
Only two here and they both have off duty police officers in the parking lot. I'll try in the morning around 7 AM. Bet they'll be gone by then.

tfg

Jun 20, 2007
Nobody there buy the hired off duty police officer in his squad car. Didn't even get out to talk. I'll try in the morning.
Just rolled by my AT&T and there was a police car in the parking lot as well. Lines probably aren't allowed.

Knowsall

Bronze
Jun 17, 2007
I don't know why people view lack of lines as a bad thing.

It is a good thing lol.
I know...weird. First worry about too many peeps then worry about not enough.
One of the things that will flop re: iPHONE is the idea that there will be out of control lines. Lines out the door around the corner. NO WAY. (Except for New Video electronics) people don't camp for too much. Not worried.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Just want to make sure I'm in the first 30. I saw pics on another site of shipment at an At&t store and they only got 30 iPHones. If you're #31, the you're SOL.:(

Last edited by a moderator:

lasquintanas

Bronze
May 21, 2007
Just want to make sure I'm in the first 30. I saw pics on another site of shipment at an At&t store and they only got 30 iPHones. If you're #31, the you're SOL.:(
Even less being 8gig. However i have a feeling most AT&T stores will receive between 50-100 phones. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanFavre

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Milwaukee
eh only 30? I'm worried. the lack of campers are encouraging. if i get off work early i'm fairly sure i'll be able to get to be one of the first 30 in line.

Also a new Apple store has its grand opening tomorrow fairly near me. Maybe not too many ppl know about it yet. could be my ace in the hole.

I have feelings of excitement and dread. Excitement that I could own an iPhone tomorrow. Dread that I could be without and have wait even longer.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
eh only 30? I'm worried. the lack of campers are encouraging. if i get off work early i'm fairly sure i'll be able to get to be one of the first 30 in line.

Also a new Apple store has its grand opening tomorrow fairly near me. Maybe not too many ppl know about it yet. could be my ace in the hole.

I have feelings of excitement and dread. Excitement that I could own an iPhone tomorrow. Dread that I could be without and have wait even longer.
If an Apple store were near me that would be my choice. I'm certain el Jobso wanted to take care of his retail stores first. Can't really blame though.

iPhoneObsessed

Bronze
May 9, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS
www.myspace.com
I understand why some people are wondering why some of us are complaining about no lines. If I was in their position I would think the same thing. :)

But when you're in a small town and you're lucky if someone even knows what the iPhone is.. You kinda feel more like an outsider than anything. Honestly, tomorrow I'll probably either be (1) camping outside the store by myself for no reason or (2) waiting in my car in the parking lot from 3pm on. Most of the people around here, if they know about it, think it's waaay too expensive. It's really not. And yes, it is a big deal.. the iPhone is a huuuge deal.
Eh. I just have a nightmare of me waiting outside the store with like 1 other guy.. and the guy just being aggravating and all of the store employees laughing at me because I'm 'stupid' enough to wait for this phone.
It really is so much better when you have people to share it with.

Although, all that being said, none of this is going to matter @ 6 tomorrow.. I'll be so happy I won't care about anyone else. And I'll feel very stupid for saying that I'm annoyed that there will probably be no lines, even if there weren't any. Because it's worth it.

Yay a pointless reply.. haha. :)