No camping...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jms

Jun 24, 2007
I just spoke with an Apple Employee who said that the Short Pump Mall in Richmond, VA does not and will not allow people to camp out.....

I also asked if they were going to be open late and was told "I would think so".

I hope to roll in at 9:30 and get it....

Diviant

Jun 21, 2007
The problem with malls is (if you're really wanting to spend more then 10 hours waiting) that your camping time is effectively limited by the mall's opening hours. If you get there the night before launch and wait in your car, you're going to be on equal footing with somone who shows up right at mall opening time. Nobody is going to care if you waited 6 hours before the mall opens, it's whoever gets to the front of the Apple store first.

I saw earlier, Space, you posted that you were going to wait in your car a few hours before mall opening. You're wasting your time, the earliest you can possibly be at your mall with your time counting for something is mall opening.

mcnearcj

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
At least at the mall in my area the AT&T store is right next to an entrance so a line could form as long as people don't get too uncivilized. I'm not going to the mall one anyway I like the stand alone store we have, it's a lot bigger and I hope to be in and out.

bmwlover0725

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
its true that camping is useless is some areas, but in places like nyc, you end up needing to be thee two days before. I didn't have to camp, I waited a wee and got the last one of the store's new shipment lol.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
its true that camping is useless is some areas, but in places like nyc, you end up needing to be thee two days before. I didn't have to camp, I waited a wee and got the last one of the store's new shipment lol.
I know I remember when I saw the Playstation 2, and Playstation Portable launch in New York and it was amazing how long the line was! There was people with Tents, Microwaves, Grills, Laptops,it was also raining on some of the days!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I know I remember when I saw the Playstation 2, and Playstation Portable launch in New York and it was amazing how long the line was! There was people with Tents, Microwaves, Grills, Laptops,it was also raining on some of the days!
Microwaves? Really. I do suppose one must eat.

- John

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah that didn't turn out so good. When I camped out for the Xbox 360 launch me and a few friends ordered pizza and all of course chipped in, and when the pizza arrived everyone thought that they were entitled to a slice! So we charged $5 dollars per slice of pepperoni and sausage pizza, we only got 2 sales :(

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Yeah that didn't turn out so good. When I camped out for the Xbox 360 launch me and a few friends ordered pizza and all of course chipped in, and when the pizza arrived everyone thought that they were entitled to a slice! So we charged $5 dollars per slice of pepperoni and sausage pizza, we only got 2 sales :(
Wow, ok, I guess pizza's out. But still a microwave? I think I'd just pack sandwhiches, snacks, junk food, maybe a thermos of Starbucks coffee.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Yeah that sounds pretty normal, I live in Kentucky so we have some pretty redneck people here. The 2nd to last guy in line brought a grill in back of F-150 (No Lie!) He cooked Hotdogs, Hamburgers, and himself a steak :) I couldnt eat much cause I was still full off of the pizza lol!