No cancel option/button after editing a post? :(

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
@chris and/or @Europa , how come there's no cancel button if you're editing a post and decide you want to discard the changes? (Sorry to be a nuisance.) Currently, I seem to be forced to reload forums.everything.com/*.*, which kinda seems like a sloppy way to cancel.

Maybe I am missing something; if so, please forgive this post.

Here's a screen capture of the options I see:
cancel.png

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
You can navigate away from the page and it won't post. The forum software assumes that you've gone through the trouble to create a new topic, that your intention is to post. Adding more buttons would simply confuse the UI and not sure if that's prevalent on any forum software package.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Okay, I posted the above and immediately realized I would have liked to have quoted one of your sentences. How does one add a quote while in edit mode?

I'm not seeing an "Add +Quote" button either. Could you tell me if I'm just not seeing it?

Sorry, I realize I'm nit-picking.

UPDATE: I see one work-around. I can quote the message I want to quote, copy/paste the BB code for the quote, and paste it into the post I'm editing...

In other words, the following text:

(left bracket)QUOTE="Rafagon, post: 1053981, member: 174493"(right bracket)Well, OK, I guess :((left bracket)/QUOTE(right bracket)

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Okay, I posted the above and immediately realized I would have liked to have quoted one of your sentences. How does one add a quote while in edit mode?

I'm not seeing an "Add +Quote" button either. Could you tell me if I'm just not seeing it?

Sorry, I realize I'm nit-picking.

UPDATE: I see one work-around. I can quote the message I want to quote, copy/paste the BB code for the quote, and paste it into the post I'm editing...

In other words, the following text:

(left bracket)QUOTE="Rafagon, post: 1053981, member: 174493"(right bracket)Well, OK, I guess :((left bracket)/QUOTE(right bracket)
I do this all the time. It only takes a few seconds since it saves text as a draft. Just scroll up a bit, hit the quote button and then move your text from the top of the quote to the bottom of the quote by copying and pasting. These directions work on mobile and the full site. I don't ever use the app, so I'm not sure if it works there.

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I do this all the time. It only takes a few seconds since it saves text as a draft. Just scroll up a bit, hit the quote button and then move your text from the top of the quote to the bottom of the quote by copying and pasting. These directions work on mobile and the full site. I don't ever use the app, so I'm not sure if it works there.
Thank you kindly. As usual, Europa to the rescue :)

Kadelic

Genius
Gold
Jan 4, 2010
Dallas, TX
Please tell me this is (another) bad dream. I'm having flashbacks to when I tried using iTunes for a shopping list. :sick: