No connection to iTunes store for apps

jfleming01

Bronze
Apr 29, 2009
updated to 3.0 with modicum of difficulty (at one point it deactivated my phone but I used online fix to make it work, involved security option on IE) took less time than I thought (30 minutes) which made me wonder but everything appears to be just fine with one exception. A couple of my old apps said they needed updating, and when I install, it askes me for my iTunes password, after I put it in and they start installing a box says "cannot connect to iTunes store/Dismiss. I'm sure I'm putting in my password correctly. Same thing happens when I try to install a new app. Any thoughts?

dirt_mover3g

Bronze
Nov 3, 2008
This used to happen to me in 2.1.1 and it would happen all of a sudden while downloading/updadting apps. What I did was reconnect to iTunes and let the apps download from there and then after that my app downloads were fine over the phone. I'm not sure why it happens but since I had 2.1.1 it happened maybe 4 or 5 times

cindra

Bronze
Dec 17, 2008
North Carolina
I had this happen too. I updated the apps in iTunes (they have changed the EULA and this requires you to accept the new terms) and then synced the phone with no problems.