No CoreServices File

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ecks618

Aug 6, 2007
I was "scared" to hack the iPhone, but have started to mess around with it. I used iFuntastic to add ringtones and change some icons and it went well. I also used terminal and downloaded a theme and tried to add the battery icons to

cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

I get a message that the file doesn't exist. Anyone have any idea why I am getting this, every tutorial I saw has the file.

Thanks in advance.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I was "scared" to hack the iPhone, but have started to mess around with it. I used iFuntastic to add ringtones and change some icons and it went well. I also used terminal and downloaded a theme and tried to add the battery icons to

cd /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app

I get a message that the file doesn't exist. Anyone have any idea why I am getting this, every tutorial I saw has the file.

Thanks in advance.
you typed it wrong, its suppose to be cd /var/root/Library/SpringBoard.app

ecks618

Aug 6, 2007
It still says it doesn't exist. I did a list of everything in the /var/root/Library file and Springboard wasn't there.

ecks618

Aug 6, 2007
yes I typed it with a capital B and it didn't work. I even opened iFuntastic and used the browser to see if it is there and it isn't.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Just restored, still not there. Anyone have any other ideas?
that's impossible for it not to be there, maybe your looking in the wrong folder, if its still not there, when I get home from work I'll send you the springboard folder with all the stock stuff in it, ok?

ecks618

Aug 6, 2007
Thanks. I don't know why it does it. It shows up as soon as I restore and when I try to edit the file it says it does not exist. At that point it does not show up.

marauderrt10

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Thanks. I don't know why it does it. It shows up as soon as I restore and when I try to edit the file it says it does not exist. At that point it does not show up.
here you go, just put that in your System Folder and your good!

Last edited by a moderator: